Blackwall, NSW, 2256

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by C-mac, 21st May, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

Hi folks,

Been doing some research on this suburb and keen to hear of anyone with experience in this suburb either as:

- investment
    - or live (or have lived) here (and any commentary on changes over time)

I'm very aware of the surrounding Umina, Pearl Beach, Ettalong, and Woy Woy suburbs too, but I'm most interested in Blackwall in particular. Or, perhaps Blackwall in comparison to surrounding suburbs.

Interest is in: area itself in terms of socio eco compared to more expensive surrounding suburbs? any housing commission streets to be weary of? Stock types to avoid? (Noticed a fair few fibro/asbestos shacks also with water damage issues...) main demographic cohort? (Is it mostly retirees or is it much more diverse than that? Young families? Etc.?). Employment prospects? (It seems that thogh the central coast generally has employment struggles - especially nowadays - these southern most suburbs of the geographically large central coast area seem to be among the more affluent ones; so perhaps unemployment is a touch better here than central-central coast and northern-central coast?). On that note; any comments on the cohort of people who live in this southern enclave of central coast and live the Sydney commuting life, for work?

2. Kersertwo

Kersertwo Active Member

Hi @C-mac, did you find any greater info on this area of the Central Coast? I'm extremely interested in the area, I haven't looked at property types as still trying to gather more info on the demographics of the area. Do you think there is enough growth potential? I had a look recently and it looks very far away from the nicer parts of the central coast. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

3. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

Hi @Kersertwo I didn't end up buying/moving to the lower-central-coast area, in the end. I did do a fair bit of research and even made an offer on a townhouse I particularly liked.

But that was 6 months ago and a lot changed in my personal life during that time. Since those changes and my employer ensuring that the WFH/WFO mix moving forward (2/3 days home; 2/3 days office) will be permanent in perpetuity; I've decided to stay in Sydney and not move to the central coast at this time.

Aside from this though, that lower-central-coast cluster of Woy Woy, ettalong, blackwall, umina; is going nuts and prices have gone utterly berserk there. It was barely in my grasp 12 months ago and now it is so far beyond my grasp that I wouldn't even bother.