NSW Blacktown Council maybe renamed to West Sydney

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Sashatheman, 5th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

Slightly off topic but does anyone have an names the Council could be changed to. I remember Prospect City being talked about a few years ago.

2. RetireRich101

RetireRich101 Well-Known Member

Yeah Slacktown

Mumbai likes this.
  3. RetireRich101

This is the reason why 600m2 corner sell for about 100k more.

There are alot of R4 grouped owner selling near where I live in blacktown.
    Selling for more than 6 months but no buyer yet

4. RetireRich101

Quakers Hill wasn't in the blacktown marked for urban growth precinct that gazetted, Most/all land properties in QH would be R2 except for existing Townhouse/villa..

One thing I should point out is 500/600m2 for attached/detached dual occ, can only be dual occ under 1 TITLE. It can be be torren/community/strata tile to keep one and sell one approach. You can legally rented out to 2 separate tenants just like the granny flat.

How different is to a Granny Flat then?

Granny Flat you can have maximum 60M2 floor space.

Dual Occupancy you can build (both) based on your lot size, so could have a double floor 3-4 bedroom duplex style. Note, under this dual occ submission, you are regulated to a more stricter parking space, open/private space, stormwater etc requirement.

5. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

I always thought it would be hilarious if an area like that named themselves Mosman West or something along those lines.

6. christos

christos Active Member

WattleIdo likes this.
  7. Sashatheman

Sashatheman Well-Known Member

8. Kael

Kael Well-Known Member

Having lived in Blacktown City Council and now having an IP there, for me, I'd be very against a name change, especially to "West Sydney". West Sydney is a very broad name, Blacktown (and its suburbs) isn't the only area in Western Sydney. It would definitely cost more then $80k to rebrand everything, it'd be in the hundreds of thousands, if not millions. I currently live in the Hills Shire Council and when they changed their name from Baulkham Hills Shire Council, it took a few years, and from memory, costed a decent amount (I supported this name change though).

Doubt the name will change though - the politics around Blacktown City Council will prevent this from happening, as will the politics within the Liberal Party. People haven't forgotten Councillor Diaz's sons failure in the 2010 election and how Councillor Diaz was seen to be wanting to take the Mayor position from the previous Mayor, Len Robinson. Also, I can't see the independent councillor (I think his name is Russ Dickens?) supporting a vote by rate payers, due to the cost of it.

9. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

UWS is also going through a name change - coincidence? They will be called Western Sydney University according to today's SMH.

10. RetireRich101

Jacque, WattleIdo and Mumbai like this.
  11. datto

datto Well-Known Member

lol. I'm all for the change. Hope they rename "Rooty Hill" to Shaggers Ridge for the sake of political correctness.

WattleIdo likes this.
  12. jins13

jins13 Well-Known Member

Just like the $30 million name change of University of Western Sydney (UWS) to Western Sydney University.

13. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

How ridiculous. West Sydney refers to an area, blacktown is a suburb.
    Although it would be good for blacktown to cop all the **** in the news as just about every shooting, stabbing, robbery etc occurs in "Western Sydney " which according to the media is >75% of the syd area.

skater likes this.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice