Crypto Bitcoin price drop

Discussion in 'Other Asset Classes' started by Beginner1, 22nd Jan, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Beginner1

Beginner1 Well-Known Member

Hi all

What do you make of the significant bitcoin price drop in the last 24 hours? I read that it is being attributed to possible increased regulation in the US and a claim that there may have been a double spend (amongst other factors).

For those who buy/intend to buy crypto - will you buying in this dip or are you waiting to see how it all plays out?

2. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

3. Michael.Knight

Michael.Knight Well-Known Member

Price drops of 30-50% are healthy and normal in a bitcoin bull market. It allows sentiment to reset, people to take profit and all the speculators and weak hands to be flushed out. After it's all said and done, the strong hands remain and the market can continue upwards.

Dips are to be bought as long as you're prepared for further price drops and hold on.

Ouga and Beginner1 like this.
  4. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

Investing in Bitcoin needs to come with a helmet, seat belt, bullet proof vest, neck brace and a roll cage.

It's impossible to predict.

5. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

"Trying is the first step towards failure" Homer
    Honestly I think if you are going to dabble in this market, you need to do so with a long term view.
    If you believe Bitcoin will be around in 10 years then you should consider hodling.
    Playing the short term trading game is a sure way to lose lots and stress out.
    This is not financial advise of course.

db9 and Beginner1 like this.
  6. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

And by the way the double spend it total FUD by click hungry “news” outlets with no technical understanding of the thing.

There was no double spend, merely essentially an orphan block.

db9 and Beginner1 like this.
  7. Beginner1

Beginner1 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for your comments. I have bought in (a small amount)- will see how it goes. A bit of a learning curve! I am finding your input very useful. Also I am also finding a couple of YouTube accounts helpful: Sheldon Evans (suggested by a fellow Property Chat member) and Digital Asset News.

db9 likes this.
  8. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Due to the growth of BTC over it's short existence it is expanding, this is pushing the non believers further away, and ultimately off the edge of our flat earth, thus causing a correction prior to the next growth cycle :p

9. bobbyj

bobbyj Well-Known Member

HODL.
    Ignore the FUD.

monfluo and Beginner1 like this.
  10. Ouga

Ouga Well-Known Member

Also worth noting if you intend on having an exposure of let the long term, one of the best things you can do is dollar cost average. Tremendous results to be had this way.

Beginner1 likes this.
  11. monfluo

monfluo New Member

Question:
    Should I build a product that allows you to borrow BTC using the equity in your investment property?

This has been been on my mind following along in property chat forums and seeing how much equity is built up in portfolios and wondering if people would like to be able to side shift some of it into crypto?

Laker likes this.
  12. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I refuse to pick a side in Bitcoin when both sides are controlled by the exact same force..

charttv and spludgey like this.