Bit of a joke Foresters 10mil test kits then pushing the gov to drop the China inquiry

Discussion in 'Politics' started by random, 1st May, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. random

random Well-Known Member

Andrew Forest / Forester whatever he's name is can't even be bothered checking , and his 10milllion test kits.
    l wonder if Gov put the scam together. China's obviously gone to him offering the 10millin test kits making him look like a saint in return he tries to talk them out of pushing the China inquiry , and if he can do that they can keep buying he's iron and he looks like a saint.
    Bit of a joke anyone see the ridiculous media conference /announcement.
    Forest turns up in this crazy shiny dayglow suit trying to look like one of the boys Chinese diplomat in tow , that Greg Hunt rocks up no one knows wth's suppose to be going on then it all blows to **** it was hilarious, Hunt storms out the other two look around ooohhh , race of after him .
    Funniest karma bus l've seen in awhile.
    Yesterday they interview Forest asking him wth, he's all but but but, trying to explain his way out of it.
    Next minute it's all over news Forest's tried to talk the Gov out of the inquiry - surprise surprise.

KateSydney, Antoni0 and Terry_w like this.
  2. random

random Well-Known Member

Bit of an insult really l mean just goes to show what a push over they think Australia is . Few test kits is gonna make the world forget 100s of thousands of lives and blown economies

vbplease, Bunbury, KateSydney and 6 others like this.
  3. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Incredibly disappointed - thought better of Twiggy

random and Player like this.
  4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Australia is a pushover cos we export over 80 billion in exports to China, its number 1. We lose them and we are in the poo big time. We are already struggling and we dont have manufacturing

Kerry Stokes also piped in.....

5. datto

datto Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Andrew Forest looks like he's about to don a surgical glove and perform a "procedure" on Hunt lol. Greg Hunt looks peeved. No love lost there lol.

Forrest : "I can use both hands if you like Greg".

I know it's a terrible situation we are in but we can't make a bad situation worse. And we can't bite the hand that feeds us.

shorty and MTR like this.
  6. datto

datto Well-Known Member

Disclosure: I have owned FMG shares in the past. Forest is a majority shareholder and former CEO of FMG.

7. RS Gumby

RS Gumby Well-Known Member

The tax payer will end up paying for those test kits anyway, Twiggy just facilitated its availability.
    I've lost respect for the guy

alexm and balwoges like this.
  8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

9. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

10. Player

Player Well-Known Member

Yeah. Me too!

For all his philanthropy and work he does for local indigenous, etc.......and then, to blind side Hunt.....quite a let down. :(

George Smiley, Lizzie and balwoges like this.
  11. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

12. Rooky

Rooky Well-Known Member

He is no better than Labor politicians who accepted donation from chinese nationals - possibly for favours down the line, People like that young labor state secretary...forgot his name..i have lost respect for Twiggy and Kerry Stokes. They have shown to us that they are kind of traitors really...

With massive wealth, comes massive responsibility. All both men had to do was keep their mouth shut and let politicians take care of that...if they dont like their view, dont donate to their party and do not vote for them. But what they have done is gone against stated official position of their own government and supported foreign government. Its okay to do that in domestic matter but foreign affairs should be no go zone for every one.

Can you imagine what would have happened to Chinese billionaire who have raised such dissenting voice against their own government ?

13. ttn

ttn Well-Known Member

I guess in a sense the LNP does owe a bit to the mining industry because they were so successful putting pressure on Labor during the Rudd Gillard years and finally won back the Govt on Abbot

Who are the consultants and advisors to the Govt when in need? Definitely a few from the Mining industry otherwise how could Aust source million of medical supplies at the critical time? :cool:

The Govt does not want to lose face as long as the business people suck up to the Chinese just dont do it too obvious ;) (cant remember many years ago someone claimed on the other about kissing the US's butt :oops:)

14. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Latham..... hilarious

it went down like this......

Larrikin Latham won't hold his tongue

ttn likes this.
  15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

16. ttn

ttn Well-Known Member

China is waiting and watching Australia's action on the Investigation call. Be careful what you wish for ;) esp trades and China is not like in the 80s any longer

The USA can print as much $ as they like and do not affect their economy. Can we? :)

17. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I dont think we can

18. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Well - there were diplomatic ways of saying "as a combined global effort we need to understand more about this virus, how it originated and how we can prevent it happening again in the future" ... instead of the bull-at-a-gate method used by Morrison of "China is at fault and we demand they (insert aggressive statement here)"

Good to know that Australian growers do have other markets up their sleeve with India being a big contender as they struggle with poor harvests - and that we are entirely self sufficient in food production, unlike many other countries (including China).

Barley growers urged to move away from China

19. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

HUGH72 likes this.
  20. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

For whom? Howard has been out of touch for over a decade and was pro-mining during his terms - why would anyone listen to him now?

George Smiley likes this.