Health & Family Biggest Loser Winter 2017

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by 158, 31st May, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. BKRinvesting

BKRinvesting Well-Known Member

4/6/17 (I weigh in on Sundays)
    Weight: 89.3kg
    Waist: 103.5cn
    Height: approx 175cm tall

Let's go!
    I'm targeting that waist measurement more than weight.

158 likes this.
  2. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

89.1 kg
    170cm

158 likes this.
  3. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

I'll just be a spectator this time :)

64kg
    height 165 cm

4. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I checked those height vs weight stats.

I need to grow 20cm taller.

Perthguy and Heinz57 like this.
  5. Kesse

Kesse Well-Known Member

Last week when I weighed myself I was 61.8kg. This past week I haven't been overly active and have had a friend visiting and have done nothing but eat. Weighed myself this morning and I was 64.5kg :eek:

I'll buy a tape measure today as I'd like to track my measurements too but trying to measure my waist with the metal stanley tape measure is a bit difficult!

158 likes this.
  6. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Weight: 114.9kg
    Height: 186cm
    Waist: 122cm

I've lost 4.1kg in the past 2 weeks, which I'm pretty happy about. I don't mind starting this challenge from a lower base, since I consider those extra kg as "lazy" weight - which means I shouldn't have put them on in the first place.

I've been a bit lazy in my food choices in recent months and have been eating junk that I didn't need. It generally made me feel like crap afterwards - so there's no real excuse. The pleasure hit from eating the junk is short and fleeting, just have to remind myself of that before I eat!

I think an additional trap is convenience foods. It's a lot more work (and often more expensive too) to buy whole foods and prepare something healthy yourself when you can just go and buy something pre-prepared or packaged. That's the other part of why I consider this "lazy" weight - I've been eating for convenience.

During this BL challenge I'm going to try and keep a journal detailing exactly what I'm eating each day (including the stuff I shouldn't be eating!), focusing on carb content - and also what types of exercise I'm doing. I'll write it up here in a separate thread, hopefully other people will find it interesting and/or useful.

Last edited: 5th Jun, 2017
    willy1111 and 158 like this.
  7. Simon Hampel

Could be worse - you could still be living in Melbourne and that Stanley tape would be freezing cold as well!

That's about the only thing I've managed to keep from my time doing Gutbusters all those years ago - I still have the tape measure they supplied in their kit :D

Last edited: 5th Jun, 2017
  8. Kesse

Kesse Well-Known Member

Ha! I dunno... Currently sitting at my desk freezing my bits off. It's 20° with a 'feels like' of 18° so I'm pretty cold now!

9. Simon Hampel

Remind me again why you live out woop woop when you have the same weather we do here in Sydney? :p

10. Kesse

Kesse Well-Known Member

Because our cold snap only lasts a few days :p

11. JasonC

JasonC Well-Known Member

Weight: 101.5kg
    Height: 185cm

Jason

12. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Weight 93.7kg. Height 175cm.

Intending to cycle 91.6km this week if weather plays nice.

Cycled 91.6km last week. Did a 500m ascent walk in the mountains on Sunday for training.

158 and Simon Hampel like this.
  13. jim1964

jim1964 1941

I'm of to a good start, can of coke, 2 chicko rolls and a dim sim.

Lightning and Redwing like this.
  14. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I'm in! I'm currently down 20kg, but could go lower, especially the waist measurement, which just doesn't seem to want to play nice. I'm fitting into much of my daughter's clothes, so long as they don't have a fitted waist, so that's my target area.

Weight: 64kg
    Height: 150cm
    Waist: 87cm

158 and Simon Hampel like this.
  15. Simon Hampel

Wow! That's great - well done! Can't wait to see you at a meetup sometime. You just need to either change it to something other than a Tuesday, or organise one in school holidays, so I can come.

16. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I don't look too different from the last one you were at. I think I was at around 67kg then....so the loss has slowed down considerably, but maybe I was wearing something baggy, as a lot of my clothes are. I've only got a few that fit properly at the moment. There's the old baggy stuff & stuff donated by the daughter, of which some is quite tight. I'm purposely not buying anything new, as I want to fit into what she's given me. Not because I can't afford to buy new stuff, or that I'm too much of a tightwad.....it's the physiological aspect for me, to know that I've been able to get down to where she was, and I'm wearing the clothes as the proof.

When's the next school holidays?

Last edited: 6th Jun, 2017
  17. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

79 kg
    181 cm
    Waist 94 cm

Could be tricky losing weight from here, lost 8 kg in the last year, but some accountability is good. Also it is summer here... booze, holidays, etc... more difficult. Plus I am building muscle, which weighs a bit, and cant have too much deficit if I want to get stronger, but it is possible to gain muscle and lose fat simultaneously, particularly for beginners.
    My goal is a bit different.. waist to chest ratio of 0.77. A year ago it was 1.0, now 0.86.

158 likes this.
  18. Mitchell

Mitchell Active Member

Late check in.
    102.3kg
    183cm

158 likes this.
  19. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

Ah yes - truthfully I need to lose around 10-15kg and am determined to do so - oh look - Connoisseur icecream is half price!

Seriously - I reckon when the new house is decked out, with it's full length mirrors, I'll get such a shock that will be hitting the gym and off the carbs/alcohol - well - maybe the carbs

20. Phase2

Phase2 Well-Known Member

Just wedge some cardboard behind the middle of the mirrors when they're mounted. Instant slimming effect :)

Lizzie likes this.