Health & Family "Biggest Loser" Week 6 Weigh In.

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by 158, 18th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Wow, that's a clear difference! Great work Bran!

shimmy and Bran like this.
  2. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Some days I can see it in the mirror, others I can't. Some days I'm super motivated, others depressed. But working for the long game.

shimmy and EN710 like this.
  3. shimmy

shimmy Well-Known Member

Well I'm eating lots of protein...and lots of fat and sugar. So I will try to cut down on my sweet biscuits, chocolates and only use a smear of butter on my veges and toast. Yes I should do more weights (only do weights between HIIT sessions twice a week), my lungs aren't good enough for HIIT but I manage it breathlessly for a short time. You are looking good in your pics. Lots of difference in your body shape in before and after pics, well done! :)

Bran likes this.
  4. skater

skater Well-Known Member

76.5 for me. Still a tiny amount, but still going down, so it's not all bad. I've had a few blow outs this week, the first was a very small funeral & we all went to a italian restaurant afterwards. OMG! There was only 12 of us there & the amount of food was insane! That was lunch time & I didn't eat again until lunch the next day, because I just felt ill thinking about food. The next one was on Saturday. I was really naughty. I LOVE aniseed lollies......the sort that you only get at specialty lolly shops. I avoided the first one I saw & gave myself a mental pat on the back......but then we ended up in a different town that had one &...well.....it was just two much for me. I felt like it was an omen & I just HAD to go inside. Of course, once inside the damage was already done.
    I think that's a good idea too. Having to do this keeps people motivated, and that's not a bad thing.

5. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Hopefully we can do a spring challenge too? Once a month is too airy fairy. I need to keep going with the weekly weigh-ins. Have come a long way but a lot further to go.

Bran, skater and Kesse like this.
  6. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I know what you mean.....but I was thinking of poor old Pinkboy who started it all.:D

This is going painfully slow for me, but I can't complain really. I started the year at 83, and now 76.5. I'd love it to come off much quicker, but am hoping that it will stay off with how slow this is.

EN710 likes this.
  7. Mooze

Mooze Well-Known Member

73kg

Lots of visitors staying over the school holidays. Finally found an antihistamine to stay on top of my cold allergy though so can start exercising again.

8. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

@skater that is impressive. Don't be discouraged. I'd say you are doing very well with that loss this year.

9. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Thankyou, like I said, I'm happy it's going, even if it is slow.....but it is less than 1kg a month, when you look at it. I'm wondering if it will all stop soon & the plateau will be permanent.

10. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

If it does plateau, then you may have to adjust your eating plan. But 1kg a month is good going.

It is a sad fact that the older we get the harder it is to lose weight. I am mid-sixties and have been watching what I eat for several years. About two years ago my weight was around 72-73kg and the choice was to lose weight or buy bigger clothes!

I am now around 66-67kg, but it has taken nearly two years to get there. Holidays interstate (hello, kids) and overseas trips and cruises don't help at all. But once home I hop back "on the wagon" to an eating plan that works for me.

I set achievable goals. At 73kg my aim was to get below 70kg. Once there, I adjusted my target to below 68kg, which put me in the "normal" weight range for my height. Current goal is below 66kg, and on one or two occasions I have hit 65.9kg.

Keep it up, everyone, it is good to see the progress you are making.
    Marg

skater, shimmy and 158 like this.
  11. JenW

JenW Well-Known Member

I was away for work the last couple of days, so only just hopped on the scales - 81.0kg, no change from last week. :/

12. wylie

Here is an update for those who might be in my age bracket, female and having the same issues as I am...

I went back to my dietitian after two weeks. In that time we went to Tenterfield for the weekend, ate what I wanted, but chose as well as I could and didn't eat too much. I put on .2kg. (I realise many things affect a daily weigh-in, water and food in, waste out, but I prefer to weigh daily and the dietitian said he was happy if that suited me.)

After the week away, I had eight days, with average calories per day of 1212. So I'm eating more than the target of 1100.

In the two weeks since first appointment I'd lost .6kg so not bad considering -

1. I ate more calories per day than I was aiming for. Much of that blowout of my daily average over that 8 days was due to a chocolate binge one day and a pad thai one night followed by a Cornetto.

2. Weekend away, drinking less water plus eating more carbs (absorb more water), mean I'm probably holding more water. (At least that is how I understood what he said.)

He said he was quite happy with my loss, all things considered (including my age, level of activity, menopausal state etc).

Now I'll see what the next fortnight holds.

He gave me some exercises I can do with weights to start off, and thinks he can work on my frozen shoulder. If he can stop the niggle in my shoulder I'll kiss his feet.

Marg4000, Bran and JenW like this.
  13. JenW

JenW Well-Known Member

Well done Wylie! And fingers crossed he can work some magic on your shoulder too.

14. wylie

Thanks JenW. For two days since seeing him again, I've stuck to 1100 and this morning i'm 57.8kg. Something is working. More than feeling happy I'm losing the last few kilos I want, is the feeling of finally having some control over my weight. Feeling like I can do it without resorting to diet bars. I should have gone to a dietitian 18 months ago instead of the chemist. But better late than never.

EN710 likes this.
  15. 158

158 Well-Known Member

Spreadsheet attached.

Congratulations to @srirang with a 2.07% loss, and @Hodor a close 1.91% loss. Great going guys.

Unfortunately I had my first increase of .5kg up to 88.4kg. Hard to blame anything really, This is about the weight I fluctuate around all the time. I have to try super hard to lose much from here.

pinkboy

Attached Files:

WattleIdo and EN710 like this.
  16. devank

devank Well-Known Member

How can drinking less water be healthy?
    I'm not a health expert but I think kidney uses water to detoxify our body. Losing weight shouldn't be at the expense of losing general health.

17. 158

158 Well-Known Member

I will need your height.

This thread will get you up to speed on how the challenge works: PropertyChat "Biggest Loser" Challenge

pinkboy

shimmy likes this.
  18. Tonibell

Tonibell Well-Known Member

Missed this week - moving things back post Reno.

Number would not be good - will work hard to at least some reduction to report next week.

19. wylie

Where did I say drinking less water was healthy? :p
    I was pointing out that with a road trip I drank less water and that was not a good thing.

20. devank

devank Well-Known Member

Sorry... I must have misunderstood.

wylie likes this.