Health & Family "Biggest Loser" Week 3 Weigh In.

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by 158, 27th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Sounds way too exciting. I am glad you are ok.

2. Tonibell

Tonibell Well-Known Member

At the snow - last recorded weight was 109.7

158 likes this.
  3. Mooze

Mooze Well-Known Member

72.9kgs

158 likes this.
  4. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

You mean having more protein?

I've lost weight easily in years past on a high protein diet. It suits me well. But at my age, I'm wary of heading into something on my own. I did that 18 months ago when I hit 65kg (gasp!!!). Now I think I should have gone to a dietitian then instead of using Optifast. Optifast worked well, but I'm thinking now it is another long line of yoyo behaviour for me.

I'll also look at buying some weights (frozen shoulder permitting) and continue with my HIIT on the elliptical. I've also bought an air walker so that every day instead of sitting on the couch watching TV I'll spend an hour just air walking. It is not really cardio but I do puff a little. It is more just not sitting on a couch, but moving arms and legs. I'm not interested in going to a gym and prefer weights at home. Will discuss this with the dietitian as he also covers exercise and is qualified in that too.

This morning hubby cooked mushrooms and two thin slices (about one slice of bread equivalent) of turkish bread cut from the end 1" x 4". I made us banana and egg pancakes for lunch. For mine I added 10g Lindt 85% dark chocolate, 30g greek yoghurt and 50g blueberries. That brought it up to about 365 calories but I'm quite full and probably will have a very light dinner of veggies.

My banana and egg pancakes with 30g yoghurt (most mornings lately) comes to 285 calories.

IMG_1343.jpg

Sackie and Perthguy like this.
  5. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

I have been a bit sick and lost weight. Didn't want to. At 66, weighed after brekkie in the morning.

6. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Yep, at superficial glance there doesn't seem quite enough

7. Kesse

Kesse Well-Known Member

Ha, it was rather exciting! We made a couple of preventable mistakes along the way but we were never in any real danger.

Perthguy likes this.
  8. 158

158 Well-Known Member

Sorry for my tardiness today. Ill update the spreadsheet tonight. Its been one of those days and a ride this afternoon was clinically needed.

pinkboy

EN710 and Perthguy like this.
  9. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

Protein is massively over emphasised in my opinion. You need less than 1g/kg/day, which for me would be 100g, which is pretty easy to do without trying too much. And that's coming from a vegetarian.

10. Lil Skater

Lil Skater Well-Known Member

A long time. I've always had issues surrounding food and have never liked the way I look. Interestingly enough I look at the photos I posted towards the start and think "wow, there was nothing wrong with me" even though that's what I thought at the time. At present I'm getting a lot of people saying things are changing; but I don't see it. :(

@wylie I get the eating in public thing too, especially junk food - even worse if I have Benji with me.
    I absolutely hate it and if I do get a Maccas or similar 99% of the time I will get drive through and eat in the car or go through the self serve at Coles if I'm buying junk food.
    I've been much better over the last few months with junk though and have had next to none in the last 3-4 weeks.
    I constantly feel judged for being overweight. I feel everyone looks at me like I'm lazy, or that I'm just going to make my child the same.

I've tried lite'n'easy to help with my snacking and junk food, hated it. Although I found one that's real food aimed at building muscle - so I'm thinking to give that a shot for a week or two and see what it's like.

JenW likes this.
  11. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

@Lil I'm not sure if you meant to tag me with the eating in public comment. I rarely eat takeaway "junk". I would rather go hungry than eat a Maccas or KFC burger. I don't enjoy them. Too much bread. I could eat a wrap but I know how calorie dense they are, so avoid them too. If we do takeaway we do Thai (walking distance and very nice food - but I know I have choose wisely) or sushi (again, I know I have to choose carefully if I'm watching calories).

I can easily choose something sensible for dinner if the men in the house are eating something I don't want to eat. My downfall is having a little chocolate. Then I want more chocolate. Not always. Sometimes I am quite satisfied with four squares. But once it is in the house and I think about it, I find it hard to stop myself. And I guess that is what enjoying life and enjoying food is about... finding the balance. Eat four squares of chocolate but not a whole block :eek:.

12. Lil Skater

Lil Skater Well-Known Member

Whoops! Sorry I meant @Westminster - too many W's...

My downfall is probably more chips (as in potato chips from a packet), I can only eat so much chocolate or sweet things before feeling sick, but I could eat an entire pack of chips and want more :oops:

13. skater

skater Well-Known Member

@pinkboy, Have you had time to do the spreadsheet yet? :p

14. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Bought myself a nice little slow cooker yesterday. Soaking chickpeas now. Can't wait to try it. Any good recipes anyone?

15. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Does anybody feel less hungry the harder they work?

I had a hard working day today, pretty much 8 hours of labour, followed right away with a 1 hour workout, hitting PB's.
    Not hungry at all, maybe too busy to be hungry, but still lots of energy.
    Anyway, I remember back to my labouring days and when I used to work really hard days, I never used to eat much.

Is anybody else like this?

16. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

I do find that running curbs my apetite and other exercise keeps me wanting good food, rather than all bad. Swimming makes me really hungry. Mostly physical work such as painting, gardening or exercise makes me really hungry. But only when I stop.
    Maybe you'll be hungry tomorrow?

17. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Switching banks after refinancing so I just exchanged my reward points for a slow cooker.

I'm looking for recipes too. Any healthy ideas for lunches to take to work?

18. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

how do i check the spreadsheet?

19. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I don't think the spreadsheet has been done for this week.

20. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Maybe @pinkboy wouldn't mind if @spludgey did the data entry this week? What do you think, guys?
    And it might help if we all weigh in at the one time. Isn't it Monday morning ...?