Health & Family "Biggest Loser" Week 2 Weigh In

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by 158, 19th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. 158

158 Well-Known Member

Its that time again folks, Monday weigh in for Week 2. In this thread, please record your weight, so that I can update your progress in the spreadsheet.

More importantly, in this thread, include a brief summary of positive things you did, and any blow outs for the week. So far, we have had excellent discussion from the previous threads.

By now, you will have made some small changes to your lifestyle. Its now time to build on those changes, and start to make further positive changes. This might include things like cutting out further indulgences, or starting to make much more informed choices (calorie counting for instance). Also, by now, you will now see the value of more exercise, whether it be cardio or weights. Keep it up, and perhaps add another session this week to slowly build the endurance.

Hopefully we can get a clean sweep of weight loss this week. Over to you guys.

pinkboy

S.T, JenW and WattleIdo like this.
  2. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

88.2kg this week. Down 0.4kg from last week.

I was struck down by a cold last Wednesday so exercise has been limited last week and over the weekend. I was back on the treadmill last night and managed to run 14.9km during the week ( 10.6km local neighbourhood, 4.3km treadmill ).

Will aim to run 20km this week. May do a hike next weekend.

158 and Bayview like this.
  3. MarkB

MarkB Well-Known Member

Bang on 91 this morning, which is down 300g from last week and basically back to my starting point (90.9) after last weekends "ice cream incident".

I just didn't move enough (burn enough calories) last week.

4. 158

158 Well-Known Member

88.5kg this morning. A .9kg loss.

This week I had forced myself better food choices. Each time I craved a bad choice, I had a bought sushi or ham and salad sandwich etc. I will do that again as much as possible.

Exercise for me this week has been minimal. My hand is still hurting from my crash a couple weeks ago, and its affecting my training a little. Im hoping this week will allow me back to a decent training block.

pinkboy

S.T and WattleIdo like this.
  5. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

63.2kg this morning before meal

I started some light weight training last week. Also added additional 100m on each of my swimming sessions. Made lunches with a bit more vegetables. I use cauliflower rice last week, baked veggies + kale this week. Main issue --> increase exercise = i get hungrier a lot faster so tried to curb it with eating fruits at lunch. My cereal snack at nights hasnt change though :confused:

Last edited: 20th Jun, 2016
    Bayview, 158 and WattleIdo like this.
  6. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

78.4kg, down 1.4kg from last week.

Weight was holding steady all week, but instead of staying on a restricted caloric intake, had a refeed carb up day on Friday as I was feeling flat for some time.
    Felt much better after that and it was easy to resume the regular caloric deficit diet the next day.
    All my weight came off over the weekend after my carb up day.

I'll have another carb up day today and see if the weight loss keeps happening.
    Plan on 2 per week on my toughest workout days.

Still not done any cardio, to lazy, but while getting stronger and leaner, I don't see the point in wasting time on it right now.

Bayview, wombat777, 158 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

New batteries in the scales are flat after a week so I'll have to get some new scales before weighing in.

I have done at least one thing each day over the past week (spin bike, run or weights) so will be interesting to see where I am at. Legs have felt tired most days while they get used to regular work again. Taking a gentle approach so far so it hasn't been strenuous/high intensity as I am mindful of previous injuries, happy with making progress.

158 and WattleIdo like this.
  8. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Weighing in @ 90kg this morning which is a small increase. Am not concerned however as I know I'm bloated from too much dairy. Ate really really well this week with borscht and pumpkin soup; cheese and nuts and fruit; meat and veg. Very simple. Only prob was using too much sour cream and natural yoghurt - to the point that I caused a digestion malfunction.
    Weighed myself yesterday @ 89.3kg so think that next week will be a more reflective weigh in. Hard to not eat yoghurt for me. Maybe just a little in the soups.:confused:
    2 animals went missing this week - both returned. Exercise not as energetic as last week but definitely caught up on some R& R. Walked every day up til weekend.
    Clothes looking baggy and seem to be heading into size 16 territory despite bloating.
    Things starting to feel not so difficult to deal with - more clarity.
    Well done pinkboy - lost weight wiht diet alone and Ace - you did the right thing for your body. Carbs are necessary sometimes.
    Some other great results above too. :)
    @Hodor I have to take batteries out of my scales each time or they go flat.

Last edited: 20th Jun, 2016
    S.T, EN710 and 158 like this.
  9. S.T

S.T Well-Known Member

99.4kg this week. Got a calf strain on Weds, so wasn't able to do any running - which sucked. Have 3 exams this week so the challenge is on to avoid comfort eating..going o try Hello Fresh next week, friend gave me a free weeks voucher. They send you out your dinner ingredients (in correct portion sizes) for a week with recipes, and you just have to cook.

WattleIdo and 158 like this.
  10. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Scales are sitting on about 91kg ,have not been for a walk for a few days because of the rain,but it's starting to go down..

WattleIdo, Bayview and 158 like this.
  11. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I'm at 78.2kg, which is a loss. Not much of one, but going down, which is good. I have noticed a few things since my return from China, where sweet things were not as prevalent. I ate a couple of M&M's & they were awful. Much too sweet. Daughter gave me a few squares of dark chocolate, which I usually don't like, & it was lovely. I drink mainly black tea & water, but on occasions will have other types of tea. We've got a heap of peppermint tea, which I usually put two drops of artificial sweetener into. Hubby made me one & I couldn't drink it. It was great with no sweetener at all. This can only be a good thing.

12. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I'm at 58.0 so down a whopping 0.1kg :p.

I've exercised probably five days, but that consists of 20 mins of HIIT on an elliptical trainer. I used to do ten minutes with four 30 second bursts but after watching a doco about it, I'm doing 20 minutes with bursts at zero, four, eight, twelve, 16 and 20 minutes, so having longer between bursts to have heart rate recover more.

I also do two lots of 10 minutes on a vibration machine, using hand weights 3kg (can increase to 4 and then 5kg). There is no proven benefit I guess, but the theory is that 10 minutes on this machine whilst having to continually rebalance is like 60 minutes off the machine. I also use therabands on this machine to strengthen my shoulders and neck, which are problem areas for me.

I'm still counting calories, and have been very disciplined without feeling I'm missing out on anything. Last night I had a little chocolate, counted the calories and still came in at a level that should see me losing weight, but actually just sees me staying stable.

Lil Skater, Bayview, JenW and 2 others like this.
  13. devank

devank Well-Known Member

76.2 Kg.
    Bought a Nutribullet. Trying to have a glass of fruit juice before dinner. Hoping to reduce carb intake.

Bayview and 158 like this.
  14. JenW

JenW Well-Known Member

79.6kg, down from 80.7kg last week.

I'd love to say it's due to clean eating and healthy living, but I've actually had a horrible head cold for the entire week, which has conveniently significantly reduced my appetite. Oh well now I just need to build on it, I guess! Back to green smoothies and the doctor for me today!

Bounce, wylie and Bayview like this.
  15. JenW

JenW Well-Known Member

I have a Nutri Ninja and I love it. With your fruit juices, try to add in stuff like baby spinach and celery - neither of these have a particularly strong taste (esp. the spinach) and they add bulk, fibre and vitamins and minerals to the drink, while reducing the actual volume of fruit you ingest (very high in natural sugar). Good luck with it :)

devank likes this.
  16. srirang

srirang Well-Known Member

96.6 KGS on Saturday morning. That's a 0.6 KG loss, not much, but going in the right direction. Binged on some biscuits one of the week nights.

Looks like everyone's been doing well 2 weeks in!

Bayview likes this.
  17. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Forgot to weigh in this morning and had a big breakfast :(

18. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

I don't own scales.

My pants are not any tighter this week, so I'll put myself down as a mild tick.

No real exercise other than work in the workshop midweek, and went out for a dawn 9 holes of golf yesterday - by myself and carrying the bag...estimated about 3.5km's total.

When on your own and no-one is in front of you it is easy to get the heart rate up a few notches from faster walking, so probably burned a few kj's.

Perthguy likes this.
  19. Lil Skater

Lil Skater Well-Known Member

Same this morning as last week, although I am actually surprised by that.

I forgot that Saturday night I was staying overnight in the city for a girls night, it involved pizza and midnight souvlaki :oops:. Was a fun night though, albeit not good on my waistline.

@Ace in the Hole - as you can see I failed miserably with our water challenge. It was clear liquid at least? Up until that point though I had only had water, and plan to do it this week - there's nothing special happening, so I'm in again if you are ;)

Was up at 5.30am this morning for cardio, they mix it up each day. Today was pick a number and exercise - ie. there's numbers on on side from 12-350 and a heap of exercises on the other. You and your partner need to pick the execise and number, tick it off and move onto the next one. I never thought I'd do 350 star jumps at 6am.

Back to it this week. Working on the food is the biggest thing, I was told off for not eating enough. It's what I struggle with most, I don't have a healthy relationship with food at all and never had. I will often go all day without eating (or very little food), this will be something that takes a long time to fix - but I am working on it.

20. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

I failed too !
    Lasted a whole 2 days before I couldn't take it any longer, plain water morning noon and night was just too boring.
    I had full cream milk in breakfast cereal, so figured what difference does it make if I have a white coffee with a small amount of sugar.
    No point going to extremes if it's not sustainable and makes you miserable.

Lil Skater and Perthguy like this.