Health & Family "Biggest Loser" Week 12 Grand Final Weigh In

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by 158, 29th Aug, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Kesse

Kesse Well-Known Member

I have excel on my phone so assume it can be done on a tablet?

Maybe we can start a new thread and just have it ongoing in there?

WattleIdo likes this.
  2. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Is Pinkboy off colour?

WattleIdo likes this.
  3. 158

158 Well-Known Member

Im here. Extremely sorry for my tardiness. Have been through the ringer the last few weeks. Working on new start-up, work, netball finals, athletics....etc etc etc. Seriously, just busy as. Trying to train on top of this also.

OK, spreadsheet done. <Drumroll> Congratulations to:

Male: @willair with a total weight loss percentage of 6.52% and
    Female: @Lil Skater with a total weight loss percentage of 5.37%

Well done, you are the Biggest Losers! You can contact Sim and he will rollover your existing memberships how you guys all agree. (I forgot to do the spot prizes at week 4 and 8, so I thought a male and female winner was more appropriate - I hope you all agree).

#humblebrag time: Actually, I did lose the most weight overall, and was the biggest weight loss percentage overall with a 7.5% loss. Clean eating, and huge workload on the bike has attributed to my weightloss. Im aiming to get to around 80kg by November 18-20th for my record attempt. I rendered myself ineligible for the prizes.

Thanks to all who participated. I will again run a similar, but probably shorter Biggest Loser series really soon.

pinkboy

Attached Files:

4. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Congratulations @willair and @Lil Skater - you were both very consistent.
    Also @pinkboy.

Anyone interested in getting a thread happening this week - perhaps a Friday morning weigh-in?

Bran likes this.
  5. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

I'll be in the next one - not much weight to lose but lots of work to be done to get fit again.

WattleIdo likes this.
  6. 158

158 Well-Known Member

Perhaps we explore @spludgey 's method of having an editable version on the net, and we go in each week and edit our own. The biggest challenge is getting all to weigh in on the same day. I guess as long as people weigh in semi consistently, it doesn't matter so much. Id say the 'competitive' side wouldn't work (but that's not the point).

Im still happy to run a BL competition - but I think a 4-6 week blast is probably better. We had a fair few drop out/not weigh in/didn't bother - so perhaps a shorter timeframe will get the attrition number down.

pinkboy

7. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Yes that would be fairer for you or whoever runs it. I wonder if we could have it open for just one day per week - otherwise some of us might be changing it on a daly basis? @Simon Hampel is there any way we could work this? It kind of has more zing when there's just one day to weigh in and compare weights, waists or whatever.
    tbh the weigh in seemed to change from Mon to Tues and then to random and it was too hard for you to roll call all the time and then difficult to log all the weights. I think if people sign up they will agree to weigh in within a certain time-frame and if not too bad; cry me a river. Otherwise we lose momentum. However, can we please move to Friday morning rather than Monday morning which is really tough considering that we are all pretty scattered and on our own, really.
    I wouldn't worry too much about the attrition, I mean everyone's an adult and it's kind of normal. I suppose if it's a shorter time-frame then other people can join in more easily. Anyway, I don't care either way as long as we can restart asap - as usual there are the solid as a rock types @Kinnon Bell @skater @Bran @EN710 @Ace in the Hole @Hodor @wombat777 @jim1964 @chindonly @Mooze @srirang @S.T. @wylie @Westminster @Blacky @Owlet and everyone else who hung in until the end and wants to keep going.

Last edited: 5th Sep, 2016
  8. Kesse

Kesse Well-Known Member

well, today is monday ;)

9. devank

devank Well-Known Member

Some people might find it difficult to edit Google Sheet. You don't want to mess with existing records either.
    I was thinking of Survey Monkey but I thought I will give it a crack with Google Form.
    Here is a sample..
    https://goo.gl/forms/LuCp4Z439EeZHAvi2
    I'm happy to maintain it.

Edit:
    I believe responses go into Google Sheet. Should be easier to export the data.

However, I would think twice if I'm the forum owner though :)

Last edited: 5th Sep, 2016
  10. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

3 more sleeps

11. 158

158 Well-Known Member

20160906_073918.jpg

Killing it. Another 1.5kg down in the last 8 days!

While Im struggling with the mental side of clean eating, and the plain food - but its working, so thats keeping it motivating.

pinkboy

Attached Files:

teetotal likes this.
  12. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Good work!

Keep it for a while and all food will taste better after clean eating ;)

13. Lil Skater

Lil Skater Well-Known Member

Oh awesome!! That actually really surprised me! Whilst I've been very consistent with the gym and my eating, I still didn't think I'd done very well!

Good job @pinkboy and @willair (and everyone else!). I'm down for another round, not sure best way to maintain it though..

Thought I might as well put my goal down now too, after discussing with my PT we're aiming for August 2017 (my 26th birthday) to be around about my goal weight and stripping down for a bikini photo shoot :eek:. Scares the hell out of me, but I'm also pretty excited to look and feel my age!

srirang, WattleIdo, skater and 2 others like this.
  14. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Congratulations everyone, especially Lil. Ok, Ok, I'm biased, I admit it!

I'm down for another round, but weighing in on a Friday? That doesn't do it for me at all, and I'm sure that some who have proper jobs will find it hard to remember on a week day.

Lil Skater and EN710 like this.
  15. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

So how about if weigh-in is sometime over the weekend? That way, if you know you'll temporarily put on a kilo over the weekend, you can weigh-in on Saturday morning and if you know you'll do a major work-out, you can weigh-in on Sunday night? Gives everyone a couple of days to get around to it for those who have more pressing concerns.
    Maybe it doesn't really matter very much. If someone is going to collate the stats, it really should be up to him/her and whatever system makes it most likely that the stats will come together at a predictable time each week.
    Not sure if everyone or anyone else thinks the same on this - I'm prepared to deal with my control issues if it's considered a bit OTT :p. I personally get a greater sense of comraderie and inspiration when we all make the effort together as much as humanly possible on a forum. :)

Lil Skater and Perthguy like this.
  16. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

When the Biggest Lower was on TV it came out that some people were water loading before the first weigh in. A few litres of water (and a bursting bladder) can make a difference for that initial weight.

But this effort has been more about giving people the incentive to lose, rather than being a big competition. As such (as an outside observer) I think it's done well.

17. skater

skater Well-Known Member

To be honest, I like the Monday date. You can then choose to weigh in on another day, so long as you are consistant, and record for Monday. I weight in on a Sunday. I was doing that before this started, so I didn't change anything, I just put my Sunday weight in on the Monday.

EN710 likes this.
  18. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

I definitely learnt the most karate over the course of this challenge :)

Perthguy likes this.
  19. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Yeah agree but, as always, I like to see those numbers.

20. 158

158 Well-Known Member

Still having a good crack at this losing weight gig. This is my weigh in today.

I did an 18hr day on the bike on Friday- burning 10,000 calories (estimated by power and weight - I dont wear a heart rate monitor so it wont be accurate).

So Ive lost 10+ kilos in 13 odd weeks. Pretty happy with that.

pinkboy 20160910_065407.jpg

Perthguy and Lil Skater like this.