Health & Family "Biggest Loser" Week 1 Weigh In

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by 158, 13th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. 158

158 Well-Known Member

Fess up time!

Today marks one week into the challenge which means its weigh in day.

Please record your weight as of today in this thread for me to tally tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

Include a brief description of things you believe attributed to your weight loss, including diet and exercise. Also any blow outs that have occurred this week which may have hindered your efforts.

This week, Id like discussion on 'Snack food'. What are your go to snacks that are healthy, and especially low calorie that tend to fill you up and stop any hunger cravings so that we can share our experiences with those who might be struggling with some hunger issues which can lead to a blow out. Also any other psychological tricks that may help around snack attacks to hold off the hunger beast.

Can't wait to update the spreadsheet for the first time to see how good we are. Over to you guys.

pinkboy

2. Blacky

Blacky Well-Known Member

78.7 - no change.
    No surprise. I only weighed myself on Friday.

My sugar intake spiked this week. Just pure laziness and lack of self control. It was there, so I at it.

Went to the gym once, and Im sore as hell. So didn't go today. i will go tomorrow and do something light to loosen up a bit.

Blacky

willair, WattleIdo and 158 like this.
  3. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

79.8kg this morning.

Down just 300 grams, but not expecting any major drops at my current level, will probably have slight gains some weeks.
    At this rate, I'll lose about 3kg over the the 12 week period which should get me to the lean state I'm after.

Been eating a little more than usual, but also increased my exercise this week from 4 to 6 sessions, 3 of resistance training and 3 of stretching.

My typical meals have been prepared meals from YouFoodz and a couple of protein bars a day.
    Had a partial serve of Maccas and KFC in the last few days and a massive breakfast yesterday at a city hotel, so that may have had a minor affect on loss, but other than that, calories day to day are very constant.

Up at 5:30am this public holiday morning to do a double training session and got a round of golf booked in for this afternoon, so some calories are going to get burnt today.
    Will try and get some cardio in on the rower this week and want to slowly get back into sprinting provided injuries stay and if I can find the time. Hope to not feel too tired or fatigued with the increase in activity.

4. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Copied from the other thread....I didn't read properly. I've just jumped on the scales and am surprised to see that I lost a small amount while on holidays. That was a surprise as I ate a lot while I was away. Large cooked breakfasts everyday, which I don't normally have. Lots of bacon, omelettes & hash browns, even pastries. This was all at the buffet at the various hotels. Cooked chinese lunches & dinners at different restaurants every day. Mind you.....I'm not a fan of rice, so didn't eat a lot of it....and I didn't really eat a lot of the dishes and mostly filled up on cauliflower, bok choy and cabbage. They were my safe dishes. Then at a couple of airports we grabbed Maccas, because we were craving some 'normal' food, even though we don't normally eat Maccas.

Anyway....enough. My weigh in is at 78.5kg

5. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

Battery went flat on the scales this AM. I'll replace them and weigh in tonight.

6. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Just got back from my morning walk and it's raining,the scales tell me it's down too just above 91 kilos..

Not doing anything special,cut everything back to one meal a day around 2 in the afternoon,maybe 3-4 litre of water,mint tea,sugar levels are around 7.5..

Plus will be going bush in a day or too,and bought myself a scott mountain bike from the police auctions last week,once i can break it below the 90 kilo mark then maybe i can get below 84 kilos..

WattleIdo and 158 like this.
  7. MarkB

MarkB Well-Known Member

91.3 (up 400g)

I was even par as recently as Friday (90.9) but bogeyed the last couple of days over the weekend.

I am neither surprised (or if I was being brutally honest) even particularly worried. I'm up to my neck in a rather unpleasant task that will take a few weeks to play out. And if I feel like the occasional 2 litre container of ice cream, goddammit I am having it.

(But I will have to balance it out elsewhere)

8. Kesse

Kesse Well-Known Member

66.2kg for me this morning which is 1.2kg down from last week. My week was my usual low carb high fat and protein eating. Starting to get flu light symptoms so either allergies are playing up or going through the keto-flu again. Lowest point during the week was 65.8 but I know weekends don't always help the weight loss as on Saturday's when I do the opens with my REA friend we usually have maccas for lunch (which I enjoy....) and if I'm going to maccas I'm not eating rabbit food. Yesterday was a bad-ish food day too but fair bit of activity so I think they kind of leveled themselves out. Back to my cruskits and almond milk coffee this morning.

Only managed to get to the gym once this week which was Saturday. I bargain with myself that if I am having bad food HAVE to do some kind of exercise to compensate which I do 99.9% of the time.

I'm not really a snacker. Depending on my level of activity I have 2 or 3 meals a day and that's it. I think that's mainly due to the way I eat as I just rarely feel hungry. When I first started to lose weight I was counting calories and snacking but still always hungry. I would snack on the 'healthy' stuff but it never felt like enough. Now I'm fine between meals and after meals. I also ask myself "am I really hungry or just eating for the sake of it" depending on the answer of that question will determine whether I have something to eat or not.

My usual day consists of 3 cruskits with butter or olive oil spread with 1 slice of kraft singles 'cheese' on top of each and an unsweetend almond milk coffee with no sugar. Lunch is usually a cheese and ham mountain bread wrap with lots of cheese and mayo (or leftovers from the night before). Or a couple of boiled eggs mixed with mayo, cheese, chives and whatever else I can hunt and gather to put in there. I do also make other stuff like a tuna salad type thing. Dinner is whatever low carb thing I can come up with which I have quite a few dinner ideas compiled now.

willair, 158 and WattleIdo like this.
  9. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Morning. :)
    89.6kg down 2.7kg. A bit surprised so kept double-checking and got 89.3 kg as the alternative. Will go with the higher number so that I don't make things too hard for myself.
    I have to acknowledge that I first weighed myself in the evening last week so could be 1/2 to 1 kilo greater loss because of that.
    Plenty that I've done right and not so right. Have to feed animals now .... to be continued / edited later.
    Edit:
    What have I done right (for me)?
    • Being honest, getting real, becoming willing, grabbing this opportunity
    • Set meals that have a beginning and an end
    • Protein (not always animal) at every meal
    • A plan that is simple to follow i.e. 3 meals a day, no sugar, no flour - that way when I get off track, all I have to do is repeat the mantra and get back on track. If I was younger or doing more training I would have to include a snack or two - they would be planned and weighed and measured.
    • Making a nice big soup - pea and ham - recipe to be refined as I don't like animal fat all that much. Will do a different soup each week since this is a winter challenge.
    • 1 hr walk per day - if I miss, the next day is 2hrs. 2 hrs has a Very good effect - excelllent sleep and can feel muscles and joints associated with glutimous maximous.
    • Gaining inspiration from others on the forum - they may or may not have as much to lose but I can see they are not drinking coke or out for a run or walk or whatever.
    To improve on:
    • yoga classes - might not manage 3 a week just now but once a week would be great. Might do 3 times a week for the spring challlenge :p
    • sticking to the plan - a couple of meals this week were chocolate and chips - just not healthy. Won't force myself on this one though. Rather, will become willing to let go of chocolate and chips. Have been trying this for decades now. So maybe one way to start letting go is to reassure myself that I can have them if I really need them ... that they're not gone forever. Kind of like Jim's smokes and Coke in a box within easy reach. However, I just can't have them in the house without eating them! At least I can still keep going in this even if I go a little off track.
    • become willing to reduce caffeine and dairy - both of which bloat me out. However, a certain amount of caffeine pushes down my feelings sufficiently to allow me to go to work and not sabotage. Dairy is comforting and satiating. Won't push on this either.
    Looking back on this week, I feel I've done pretty well and feel happy with myself and the world. Yes, I have a waist measurement but it is horrendous so won't post until it reduces - at least I have a waist this week.
    Drove to and from the mountains yesterday to see my sister. Ate well. It's usually a disaster on the way back. Not this time. I bought a black tea and a cappucino and a large fries from Maccas. All were horrible. Couldn't even finish the coffee. That's a big improvement.
    Bythe way, when I was thinner I would snack on yoghurt mostly prob with fruit or cheese with fruit.

Last edited: 13th Jun, 2016
    Kesse, willair and 158 like this.
  10. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I've had a normal week, eating a calorie figure that should see me lose, but like normal, it just maintains my weight.

We did sit up binge-watching Fortitude a few nights in a row, and being up late, we got hungry, so I did eat more those couple of nights, but still not a big blow out.

I was at my starting weight yesterday morning. We had people over at 4pm and I ate some things I wouldn't normally eat... dips and crackers, apple crumble tart with ice cream (small portions), potato chips. I didn't need dinner.

When I was slightly hungry about 9pm I knew I was already over my daily calories and made zucchini pasta (with my little twirly grater thingy gadget), some pesto and a little grated cheese, microwaved. Hardly any calories but filling enough that I didn't go to bed hungry.

If I'm peckish but don't want to make something I will have 150ml whole milk with Cadbury drinking chocolate and half teaspoon sugar. That is low in calories but gives me some fat (in the milk) to keep me feeling full. I'll often do that if I'm peckish before bed.

I also tend not to snack, but eat when I'm hungry. So that means if we have a big brekky, I may not be hungry until 2pm. I eat when I'm hungry, not by the clock.

Weigh in this morning saw me heavier than one week ago but only by a whisker. Still annoying because, according to the calories I'm eating, I should be losing, not just maintaining.

If I move to the higher calories meant to be maintenance, I will certainly put on weight.

Anyway, this morning I'm 58.1kg.

willair and 158 like this.
  11. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

From the other thread...

Kicked the steel toe capped work boots off this morning, emptied the keys out of my pockets and jumped on the talking scale at work, other than saying "one at time", it recorded 105.4kg

Snacks? Carrot, Celery, Nuts

Had a big morning training session Saturday and a big meal Saturday night, couple of serves of lamb curry, plus tried a chicken and a veg curry, washed down with 2 glasses red wine

158 and WattleIdo like this.
  12. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Just found the correct thread. 88.6kg.

13. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

My guestimated weight that I had for start was probably wrong. After finding at least 40 AAA batteries in the house I bought some AA and put them in this morning for a weigh in of 78.1

I need to increase my exercise, keep on the good food bandwagon. I need to make a concerted effort to take my insulin sensitizing medication - I get lax about it even though I know I should be taking it.

I'm not a big snacker but if I do it's a small tin of tuna, rice cake with peanut butter, berries with cream or an apple.

JenW, WattleIdo, 158 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

I'm tagging along unofficially out of interest. My first weigh in a measure up... not looking good:
    height: 187 cm
    waist: 101.5 cm
    weight: 97 kg

The most alarming number for me is waist. Your health is at risk if your waist size is over 94 cm for men. Not good. This will be my priority in this challenge.

WattleIdo, Joynz and 158 like this.
  15. Mooze

Mooze Well-Known Member

73.3 no idea if that's up or down

Was doing well - couple of 7k walks with both kids in the pram, a Hiit session and a run - until Friday when the kids decided that anything resembling cooperation was out the door. I've had some great resistance sessions with 18k of two year old but nothing other than that. One child in daycare tomorrow so aiming to get restarted then. It's a phase and it will pass (I hope).

Unfortunately diet somewhat went out the window as it became grab what I could. Usually a piece of fruit or some nuts but I made the mistake of making biccies for hubbies work lunches. Did get to the produce markets though - now have 12 frozen serves of very veggie lasagne (replace white sauce with cauliflower, leek butter puree, replace most pasta with eggplant and zucchini. Ends up around 70%veg, 20% meat, 5% pasta 5%dairy.). Pumpkin/sweet potato/carrot/capsicum soup tomorrow. Fruit cut in the fridge, also carrot sticks and humus in single serves.

WattleIdo, 158 and Perthguy like this.
  16. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

Copy and paste from the other thread:

107.3kg
    I'm pretty happy with it, but as I said earlier, I did my initial weigh in at night and this one in the morning, so it's not really a 4kg loss.
    @pinkboy, if you want to adjust my starting weight down, that's fine.

What has helped me is both portion control and I have had a whole cauliflower prior to dinner, which made eating less easier as it filled me up a bit.
    I'm also trying to start doing weights three times a week again.

17. jim1964

jim1964 1941

127.4, and "Coke free for a week"

18. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Age 28
    Female
    Weight... 64... In my defense I had a big bowl of soup for lunch before buying a scale
    Waist 68 in the morning

My activities haven't changed much, daily morning walk and swimming three times a week. Trying to increase them bit by bit, or maybe I'll just use the static bike while surfing the net instead of sitting. I'm trying to lake lunch with more veggies so hopefully will see some results by the end of this competition... Or maybe nothing!

wylie and WattleIdo like this.
  19. skater

skater Well-Known Member

So, @pinkboy, are you going to update the spreadsheet each week? How does this work?

20. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

This lasagne sounds great. Will try it out! The other recipes I've seen too.
    @Westminster can you say what spices in Mexican soup?
    @bob shovel would like to try what you mentioned too.
    My soup of the week is Borscht. Can provide recipe if you like ....?

bob shovel likes this.