Beverley Park

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Glorion, 28th Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Glorion

Glorion Well-Known Member

Hey all, I was wondering if people had much experience with this area in Sydney? My folks are looking at relocating to around hereand I thought I would tap into the awesome resource that is PropertyChat! Recently a house has come on the market and is a deceased estate (so there might be potential for a bargain as I assume there may be less emotional attachment by the beneficiaries?). I just wanted to see what people have to say about the area - is there much noise due to flight paths? (and things like that).

Thanks in advance!

2. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

That is a common misconception. Many times the perceived "bargain" brings out more buyers who bid the price up over the true value.

Glorion likes this.
  3. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

I think Beverley Park is an awesome suburb.
    It's relatively small kind of tucked away, surrounding the golf course, bordering Kogarah bay and a good distance from the city.
    If it's a PPOR for long term, it's a great location if bought at a fair price.

Bunlee likes this.
  4. Glorion

I guess that's akin to underquoting to stir up interest eh? I'll keep that In mind..

5. Glorion

To be honest, I'd never heard of it! I've lived in Sydney my entire life too.. I'm finding it hard to price houses in the area as it doesn't seem to have too many sales recently. But what you said is definitely among the reasons why they're wanting to relocate - who doesn't want to retire near a golf course!

6. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

From what I know, the suburb is quite tightly held and all houses, no units/apartments.
    Nice and quiet as long as you're not on one of the busier roads of the border of the suburb.

Bunlee likes this.
  7. Bunlee

Bunlee Well-Known Member

Hi

Beverly Park is a very nice suburb in the St George area. I think it was developed as a housing estate in the 60's and the main street there has / used to have a wide medium strip with nice garden dividing that road. Near Beverly Park golf course and St George Leagues. In the old days there used to be a few hoons racing up and down the main street after leaving the club but I think the demographics of the club on that have changed.

On the South side of the club bordered by Ramsgate Road and Princess highway there is a zone of housing that is also very good.

I also recommend Connell's Point, Kyle Bay and Blakehurst as similarly good areas to look at.

Won't go wrong in Beverly Park if the price is right - agree, pricey and tightly held.

all the best

Glorion likes this.
  8. Glorion

Thanks for the replies so far. "Tightly held" and "for the right price" seem to be a constant theme!

The place will either be a huge Reno, or a knockdown rebuild. Block is 638 sqm, any idea on how to price it? Fairly flat block (some slope)...don't think it's wide enough for duplex potential so I assume that'll keep the developers out!

9. neK

neK Well-Known Member

watch out for flood zone areas. That could cause some havoc any knockdown rebuild / extensions