Betel Nut business. Asia.

Discussion in 'Commercial Property' started by Sackie, 11th Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I usually find myself in that part of the world a few times a year. But if I wanted I could visit once a year is enough.

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

OK update.

So because the location is so central to schools, shopping districts etc we decided to change the shop into a traditional bubble tea place and draw in a different demographic. We were fit out and staffed properly on the 20th of January. Prior to that and until now we advertised in a few of the local secondary schools as well as universities in the area. We wanted to attract the biggest market which is the 15-25 year olds. We also advertised with 10 of the largest buxiban 補習班 (cram schools) in the area and a few smaller ones as well as some other outlets. We also have a promotional of 25% off for the first 500 people for 12 months. I also employ a Canadian guy to work behind the counter with staff and use English with the customers as a 'draw in come back' gimmick which may sound silly to people who don't live there and understand the culture, but it works well and they all have a good time while waiting for their bubble tea. Lots of laughs and giggles. Um yeah it helps he's good looking.

The turnout has been phenomenal, we actually ran out of supplies for the first week and a half. I don't have the net profit figures yet but will by the end of the month, though from what I have seen so far - definitely pleased we nabbed this place. I will be looking to replicate, that's for sure.

Alex123711, pwt and inertia like this.