NSW Best Sydney suburb to buy with ~$1.5m budget?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Joe W, 30th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

I
    What do I have to do with the topic? You're being obtuse, childish or both.

I'm simply saying I believe at current prices and situation it's worth people genuinely considring either renting or moving cities.

Did I not mention 3 other cities in my post as well as professions that I felt would benefit due to job availability plus similar-ish wages?

Why the attitude? Do you disagree that prices this high is bad for the average wage earner?

2. sanj

Absolutely, Sydney isn't the only big city with opportunity though and like I said, those real captain of industry types who I agree, almost have to be in Sydney, are a small% of the population

I just think it's a shame that now living in a great city like sydney often means a huge sacrifice far greater than to live elsewherw and I feel it's bad for not only many residents but the city overall

Dave3214 and Eric Wu like this.
  3. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying that those ( and not just captains of industry) are right nor wrong. The point I'm making is that for a lot of people- in most professions and also age groups ( eg students) where they would have first priority- the answer will likely be sydney or maybe Melbourne. Why? the access to options as above.
    How realistic it is to capitalise on those options is another story - most wont even come close...but the availability of those is a massive drawcard. Its like the lotto- 90+% wont win even a cent and never in their lifetime either...but the very opportunity to win draws tons of people to play.
    That is what possibilities does.

teetotal likes this.
  4. alexm

alexm Well-Known Member

Mate, no attitude on my side. I haven't been called childish for years. That's made my day :)

Sydney house prices are certainly high when compared to average wages (and wage growth over the last few years). You're not wrong. But what's the solution?

For some people, sure moving to other cities is a valid option but there are so many factor's involved to take this step.

This is a big issue with no easy solution.

sanj likes this.
  5. dan2101

dan2101 Well-Known Member

For that price you should be able to get a house in narraweena or beacon hill with water views. Less than one hour to the city and 5 minutes to the beach. A house I sold 3 years ago with water views just sold for $1.35. Close to schools and public transport with great views .

6. Tonibell

Tonibell Well-Known Member

You need to decide if Sydney is where you need to be or not.

Know quite a few people who have left chasing a cheaper/better lifestyle elsewhere.

Very difficult when they decide to come back.

Personally I'll always have a Sydney property.

7. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Agree.... the saying goes, if you sell out you'll never afford to buy back in...

8. sanj

Who says that?- people who aren't aware of more than 1 asset class?

The Falcon likes this.
  9. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

It's what many typical ex-Sydney homeowners have experienced....

10. Sarah T

Sarah T Member

Public transport isn't great but maybe lugarno, yowie bay, lili pili, burraneer bay? All south Sydney.