"Best Offer"

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Jasmine, 1st Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jodes

jodes Well-Known Member

To add to the agent whingeing thread, we placed an offer on an apartment yesterday (in Victoria) above the quoted auction range and with super flexible terms (and we had previously spoken to both agents and received confirmation that the owners were a)super motivated and would consider pre-auction offers and b) on-board with the quoted range). I received a call-back from the agent a couple of hours after sending through the offer but missed it as I was in a meeting but called back literally 5 minutes later- left voicemail message and text message back. This morning I have left another voicemail message with both him and his selling partner and still no response. Maybe I'm impatient, but after 24 hours, (and numerous attempts at communication), I would have expected at least a courtesy response to say thank you and yes, no or maybe? (Or maybe it's just a classic case of under-quoting and they have no interest in our offer)

(And as a side note, I know the agent is working for the seller and not the buyer, but if I was a seller and found out that my agent had received an offer above the quoted auction range, I would feel a bit annoyed they had totally ignored the potential purchaser...!)

Perthguy likes this.
  2. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

If it was a yes, they would be onto you to save them from further work :)

jodes likes this.