House & Home Best front loader washing machine?!

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Jacque, 20th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

That should be a selling point.
    What if you only use Cold Power on cold water settings?

2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

I use about half the recommended powder and get a great wash. We don't need as much as recommended on the box. The clothes are washed better with the breaking through the water surface. That doesn't happen with top loaders so more detergent is needed (so I've been told). Front loaders are gentle. I've used too loaders on holidays that have ruined some favourite clothes :(

3. SeafordSunshine

SeafordSunshine Well-Known Member

Meile Washer Dryer, before bed load washer, programme for 'cheap electricity hours' , dry in the morning , spun really well, I shake , hang on 'Pinochio' on coat hangers, ( no ironing mostly) and away we go! It rains a lot where I am and I use the dryer about 3 times a year. The spin cycle is the best!:D

4. Ambit

Ambit Well-Known Member

I had an AEG for years, when that died the repairman recommended Bosch as AEG are not made in Germany any more and he said they're not as good as they were.
    Bought a Bosch Maxx it's going well after 4 years now. I like the 25 minute option for a quick wash.

5. Tony3008

Tony3008 Well-Known Member

When I came to Australia I was surprised to see top loaders - in UK they virtually died out in the late 1960s. Having on occasions struggled to use my mum's machine, my starting point when setting up home here was to ask myself in the showroom "can I use this without looking at the instructions?". The one that came top using this test was an Electrolux, no issues so far after seven years.

6. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Drying things on hangers is definitely the way to go.
    Even if you're still going to iron, it helps a lot.