VIC Bendigo Property “Flip” - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Property Analysis' started by lowey16, 25th Sep, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. lowey16

lowey16 Member

One of the properties we unsuccessfully made an offer on last year has popped up again, this time at $495k up from $330k October last year. I know the market’s gone up, but it seems a bit crazy given that all they’ve done is add a deck and get approval for a subdivision… or did they really just get a bargain and we should have offered more last year?! Any thoughts?

https://www.domain.com.au/property-profile/70-pallett-street-golden-square-vic-3555

2. skater

skater Well-Known Member

You do realise that to get a DA through is time consuming and can be expensive, depending on various factors. I'd say they've increased the value somewhat. Add to that the market increased over the year & it's not so hard to imagine the price difference.

3. Bendigus

Bendigus Well-Known Member

October was pretty hot in Bendigo last year. You should have offered more than $330K for a 4 bed on 900sqm.

Hamish84 likes this.
  4. lowey16

lowey16 Member

Yeah it was a bit of an eye opener to see the recent asking price. Ah well, hindsight is 20/20 I guess. But a good learning experience too.

5. Andrei9

Andrei9 Member

I second this plus the estimated 23% growth in that suburb over the last year was a bonus too