Beginner here - where is the best place/resouce to learn about property development/investment?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by wirtandi, 23rd Aug, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wirtandi

wirtandi Member

Hi people

I am new to the world of prop development. I was wondering if there are subforums dedicated to a newbie? From what I can see this forum has a large number of subforums which is very good, but as a beginner I can feel lost at times.

I just want to learn, and I would like to know, for example, which subforum I should be lurking in, in order to be able to understand prop development more.

If you guys have read books that are of decent quality, I am open to that too but to be perfectly honest I am not a fan of reading thick books that only have text in them. I much prefer to learn from people with real life experience, which I know there are many here, hence why I want to know which subforums would be best for a beginner

Thanks everyone, and stay safe.

2. Hari Yellina

Hari Yellina Well-Known Member

Wirtandi,

I have read books, attended the courses, went to seminars. The only way, I learned was, on the job. It took 4 projects before I could understand the whole process.

I hired a property development company for a couple of projects and done 2 projects on my own.

Thank you.

wirtandi likes this.
  3. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

The Development thread might be helpful Development

4. KateAshmor

KateAshmor Victorian Conveyancing Lawyer Business Member

wirtandi likes this.
  5. thatbum

thatbum Well-Known Member

I've read a lot of books hoping for some useful development related knowledge, but I have to say I learned a lot more just reading everything I could from this forum instead. I wouldn't limit myself to any particular subforums - just read everything imo.