Before demolition

Discussion in 'Development' started by Sackie, 1st Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone tries to sell some of the stuff, eg, windows, bathroom items, kitchen items etc to get a bit of extra coin before they demolish the place.

Thanks

2. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

Gumtree and Ebay are full of ads from demo. If you have space and time it can be worth it! Someone out there will be after the stuff, just need the match maker to find each other

Sackie likes this.
  3. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

As @bob shovel said, Gumtree/eBay can work. I have seen plenty of whole kitchens sold.

Great way to have some demo and removal done not at a cost, but for a gain.

Sackie likes this.
  4. bob shovel

bob shovel Well-Known Member

I replaced a few timber windows, cedar i think?? the neighbour did the same thing but replaced about 10, he got 500 bucks for them. Not bad pocket money. Someone was using them to build a weekender on a farm out of Sydney.

5. eggnog

eggnog Well-Known Member

Talk to demo companies first before selling off some of the items in the house. Usually demo companies have a clause stating that they have first salvage rights. If they can't salvage anything from the house their prices might come back higher.

6. OC1

OC1 Well-Known Member

Didn't the twins sell everything before their demolition including all the screws and nails? :p

Property Twins and Sackie like this.
  7. legallyblonde

legallyblonde Well-Known Member

I think an added bonus of gumtree is that what isn't worth money can be given away... Anything that is free disappears super fast... Saves on waste removal.... Once people take what they want there would be little that needs to demolished!

Sackie likes this.
  8. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

You pulling my leg again. .?.:confused:

9. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Yea really good point.

10. legallyblonde

In an attempt to reduce clutter I had a big clean out recently.. I couldn't believe someone was willing to take a photocopier (those huge office ones) off my hands (well my parents) when it was old when we got it 10 years ago!

Lots of people are in a similar or comparable boat to me; living on the cheap... I live in a super run down cottage that it is not worth spending money on as it will not add value and I am not staying... People with teenage retreats/shacks ect could be interested. The carpet in my cottage is from family friend who tore it up and my cousins are delivering their old kitchen that they are ripping out next week (the cottage only has a kitchen sink)... When I moved in I salvaged a half empty tin of paint of an uncle (since colour/quality didn't really matter).

The way I see it... It is just another form of recycling and I am all for that!

Sackie likes this.
  11. legallyblonde

In an attempt to reduce clutter I had a big clean out recently.. I couldn't believe someone was willing to take a photocopier (those huge office ones) off my hands (well my parents) when it was old when we got it 10 years ago!

Lots of people are in a similar or comparable boat to me; living on the cheap... I live in a super run down cottage that it is not worth spending money on as it will not add value and I am not staying... People with teenage retreats/shacks ect could be interested. The carpet in my cottage is from family friend who tore it up and my cousins are delivering their old kitchen that they are ripping out next week (the cottage only has a kitchen sink)... When I moved in I salvaged a half empty tin of paint of an uncle (since colour/quality didn't really matter).

The way I see it... It is just another form of recycling and I am all for that!