House & Home Bedroom Furniture: wooden bed frame vs fabric base

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Kis Kis, 14th Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

Which type of bedfrane

1. Wooden complete bedframe

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Fabric base+ bed head

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kis Kis

Kis Kis Well-Known Member

Hi ever I’d like to know your thoughts on wooden bed-frame vs fabric bed base+ bed head. What are the differences in practicality for both wooden & fabric bed considering long term investment.

We got ikea malm double bed with sides and drawers when we first moved to Australia 4 yrs ago. Its going pretty strong but we need to buy a descent queen bed and buy a new mattress (koala or sleepmaker radiance ), but not sure of bed frame and furnitures. So many options making us confused.

We will need to move house a few times nect 5/6 years due to my job requirements. Wooden frame will be damaged during moves?

Love to know ur thoughts on this
    Thanks

2. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I understand your concern that timber furniture could get damaged when moving, that is a valid point, but any material can get damaged. One domestic advantage over fabric is that with timber, you can wipe off any dust and keep it clean. Not so with fabric. I suspect the fabric will wear faster too, so you will be replacing it sooner than replacing timber furniture. I'm thinking costs rather than aesthetic appeal - that is purely for you to decide. The care/cost factor would be similar to comparing carpets and timber flooring.

3. Kassy

Kassy Well-Known Member

We’ve gone wooden frame as we both have hey fever. We have moved about 5 times in the 12years we have had it and no damage so far. Still like new.

4. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Fabric gets dusty. I have a dark blue fabric bed head and bed skirt and I have to vacuum regularly to remove the dust.

A silver or grey colour might be better in this regard - dust less obvious.

Mine is smooth, but a buttoned one would be worse to keep clean.

The fabric hasn’t worn at all though.