Be yourself

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by Darlinghurst Boy, 26th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Darlinghurst Boy

Darlinghurst Boy Well-Known Member

Well i didnt know where to post this... But anyway hired a Uber from the other day in Sydney and got talking to the driver... This is actually the second Uber Driver that has turned out to be a Sydney Mortgage broker in his other life.:eek:

Anyway he sent me a twitter text or whatever its called this morning with Happy Australia day and a pic of him .
    Looking at his twitter profile it says he s a Author, keynote speaker , motivational speaker, life coach, personal trainer, huff post contributor , whatever that means, financial property guide senior contributor .

In his spare time he is a bungee jumper, rock climber and underwater cave diver and kettlebell champion.

And according to his twitter he was in New York last week, Paris the week before that, which was BS as he was driving me to Darlinghurst in his Subaru hatchback :rolleyes:

I wonder why some people have to BS to make themselves something there not.

At about 12pm he sent me a text , are you motivated to achieve your goals with a new loan? Having a good day celebrating with friends and the community ?

" not today" i responded , im a lazy ******* i didnt get out of bed until 11am and i really couldnt be bothered talking to any body!
    Im just laying on the lounge on propertychat forum listening to 2GB ... The dishes are unwashed , the place a f...n mess And probaly wont even go out today .... No bungee jumping for me today or rock climbing i wrote back !
    I just want to be a loner today ...

:eek: Guess not what he was expecting !

Last edited by a moderator: 26th Jan, 2016
    Paterson00, teg499, S.T and 4 others like this.
  2. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Sometimes you just need your own space and own company.

3. Jennifer Duke

Jennifer Duke Well-Known Member

Social media makes it so easy for us to shape our lives a certain way, to "fake it until you make it".

But it's always amazing to me when people blatantly lie. If it's not Belle Gibson and cancer it's a random Joe Bloe who presents their job as "life coach". It's a strange era we are in!

Jacque, DaveM, Ambit and 2 others like this.
  4. robboat

robboat Well-Known Member

Many people are wanting to be someone else, somewhere else.........technology allows this dream world to happen...."virtual reality"

Best to be happy with what you have, wherever you are.....

5. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Obviously we're just lucky on this forum , that everyone is exactly who they say they are and no one ever lies ....

Cliff

Coota9, Rugrat, AndrewTDP and 5 others like this.
  6. SerenityNow

SerenityNow Well-Known Member

I just automatically assume that everyone on the internets is a 26-year-old unemployed single fat dude living in his parents' basement ;)

Except for me, of course.

wylie and MTR like this.
  7. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Yeah. ;)

8. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

Dudette? ;)

SerenityNow likes this.
  9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Would you believe people looking for love even lie on those dating sites, women lie about their age and men lie about money.

What is the world coming to, so many fake people around.
    :p

Last edited: 27th Jan, 2016
    BigKahuna and Perthguy like this.
  10. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Well-Known Member

Democratic People's Republic of Australia
    People usually lie due to insecurity or because they want to deceive people for some kind of financial or emotional gain. Just go down to the local pub- it's usually full of people dribbling ****.

MTR likes this.
  11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

don't you feel sorry for the people working behind the bar

Last edited: 27th Jan, 2016
  12. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

Sorry, who is BSing here?

jins13, Perthguy and larrylarry like this.
  13. twobobsworth

twobobsworth Well-Known Member

I would just be a little freaked out about receiving two messages from a taxi/uber driver.

SerenityNow likes this.
  14. Jennifer Duke

Jennifer Duke Well-Known Member

Bahaha so glad I don't internet date and am happily settled...!

MTR likes this.
  15. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

I have noticed there is a lot more personal big noting, skewing of the truth and outright BS on this forum compared to Somersoft.

As someone else has posted above, theres a lot of "fake it till you make it" going on and its making a number of people I have spoken to disinterested in participating on the forums anymore. Far less property related chat and far more BS and personal profile building/vendettas.

16. SerenityNow

Regarding themselves? o_O I might be missing some threads

BigKahuna and Jennifer Duke like this.
  17. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Lets really get this forum going and have some fun, can you name them..... that's a joke:)

BigKahuna and Jennifer Duke like this.
  18. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I have also noticed this as well. I'm not around very much anymore. I poke my head in....have a little look & go again, whereas I used to be here all the time.

ellejay likes this.
  19. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Haha no its a lot of people not just a select few. The forum change has meant a reset in the dynamic and history of people and some have taken the opportunity to reinvent/present themselves differently to SS.

Rugrat, ellejay and MTR like this.
  20. SerenityNow

I've actually just found this forum recently, was never on SS so I can't compare. Maybe I'm just used to people on the internets being generally much worse? Or am selectively blind to these truth-twisters?

Other than a few folk pooh-poohing other people's accomplishments and maybe saying "I have more XYZ than you" I don't see much skewing of the truth. Occasionally I see someone posting numbers that maybe don't stack up or aren't realistic (I'm too much of a newbie to say this with certainty). Although now that I've narrowed down my property interests to developments, I don't read much beyond that. I try to stay away from the off-topic threads (unless they involve naked lady brain twisters ;) ) so ... I guess we all need some names here, aka "pics or it didn't happen" :cool:

BigKahuna and Perthguy like this.