Be cautious when listening to the so called 'experts'!

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Ummm, 3rd Nov, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Car tart

Car tart Well-Known Member

I’ve explained this in detail on other posts. I finance first mortgages for land developers. 60% of my valuation. Interest paid monthly.

No need for a credit license if you lend to corporations or for non residential projects. Also 10% is cheap as the longer established companies are charging 14-28%.
    Ask Grollo bros what they paid. 62A236DD-DB60-4CAB-B14B-4FCFCC751871.jpeg

Last edited: 4th Nov, 2019
  2. Fargo

Fargo Well-Known Member

I encourage you to review the assumptions on wage growth/interest rates and consider what you think, given we are now in a global economy

Australia wages are already uncompetitive on a global scale, will they increase above inflation in the future with all these additional people competing for jobs?

[/QUOTE]
    I couldn't be bothered debating with you, but to sum it up, You cant see the forest for the trees. You see the tail wagging the dog. You can get all the monkey's you want for peanuts .Melbourne and Sydney are Global corporate cities. Employers are competing for the best people to run the best Buisiness's in the world and will pay the best salary to attract them. You only need 2 people in the top Decile competing for a property to get prices higher than the other 90% can afford.

Phar Lap, Toon and Codie like this.
  3. Propertunity

Propertunity Well-Known Member

If you'd said zero (0) I would have allocated no time to read further. Data is what it is BUT markets are driven by fear & greed. I don't know how you account for that in data sets.

4. Car tart

Car tart Well-Known Member

I think the technical term in Real Estate parlance is “supply and demand”

Phar Lap and Propertunity like this.
  5. Ummm

Ummm Well-Known Member

United Kingdom (temp)- previously Brisbane QLD
    I'm still investing on a regular basis, so not increasing my cash reserves. But yes keen to move a bit more out in the short-medium term. I have minimal in AUD so have been fortunate that I'm still well above inflation. The worst I have is a very small amount @ 2.1% which after tax is below inflation. However I use this for day to day expenditure/bills so I don't really consider it part of an investing pile