Barnaby Joyce gone

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Nadine Cross, 23rd Feb, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Nadine Cross

Nadine Cross Well-Known Member

To me; someone who would not show the required level of restraint, love and loyalty and longer term view for their own family (those 4 girls and his wife)...probably would struggle to do so when working for the Country and having to make critical moral decisions that affect us all...and; he has a few other colleagues who have done the same who are still there; and in my opinion doing a poor job... I won't miss him.
    Thoughts?

2. radson

radson Well-Known Member

I dont have a strong opinion on Joyce, but he did inspire this wonderful quote.

"Joyce’s is a career untouched by competence."

Barnaby rubble

3. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

By that logic, many people would never separate, never divorce. He had an affair with his assistant, left his wife, shacked up with the assistant and she's preggers.

No doubt I'm over simplifying it, I haven't really followed the story, but who cares? Both men and women leave their partners and kids for someone else every day. Some are politicians, some are CEOs, some toothless Collingwood supporters. They still leave people hurt behind them but that doesn't mean they should be sacked from their job.

He should be held to the same standard as everyone else. Sack him because he's incompetent, but not because of whom he shags. That's between him, his family and the new squeeze.

wombat777, Nodrog, Biz and 1 other person like this.
  4. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

It is his business for sure, and of course the business of his wife and family too.

For me, the problem was his accepting of free accommodation when he and his partner are on very good salaries, and also the fact she had a position created for her to help hide things.

Ouchmyknees and kierank like this.
  5. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

I find it hypocritical when a person who supposedly stands for “Traditional family values” feels it’s fine he should be deciding who merries who, yet when he is in the same position it must be a “private matter”. Meh.

6. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

A big loss, for sure.
    But there did appear to be a conflict of interest involved re girlfiend's job. Was probably terible working in that office for a while there.
    Also, agree that the family values thing was a rort.
    I reckon he had an ok chance of surviving the storm until he tried to make Turnbull wrong for doing the right thing (even if Turnbull added some judgemental tones of his own, so what).
    Definitely a strong flavour of witch hunt. Someone really wanted him gone, I reckon.
    I feel sorry for the little girls.

As a matter of interest, is this the 1st time someone's started a thread or were they all deleted until now?

7. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

I thought it was hypocritical for him not to have stood down when he was found to have been a New Zealand dual citizen, after Canavan had resigned from cabinet and two greens senators had resigned.

8. Wukong

Wukong Well-Known Member

All politicians have ‘dirt’. They are humans, just like the rest of us. Vultures (media) smells death and weakness, that’s why he’s in trouble!

wombat777 likes this.
  9. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

But for the grace of god there go I

The challenge for us as a 'cohort" is that we desperately want to hold our leaders to a higher account than ourselves......... that aint gonna work middle to long term.

ta
    rolf

10. Cimbom

Cimbom Well-Known Member

I always wondered how he even got elected TBH

11. geoffw

Apart from his statements about the sanctity of marriage during the SSM debate, I didn’t like what he did with the APVMA. In the move to his electorate, it lost a lot of good people, and has achieved nothing in the scheme of things, apart from the businesses in his electorate.

Noobieboy likes this.
  12. geoffw

Well, he did get re-elected with an increased majority in the by election caused by his citizenship woes. The APVMA would have made him increasingly popular.

Last edited: 23rd Feb, 2018
  13. hammer

hammer Well-Known Member

Read this on social this Arvo..

"Barnaby quits to spend more time with his families..."

Perthguy likes this.
  14. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

15. Alain

Alain Well-Known Member

Of course politicians are hypocrites, it doesn't mean they're not competent for the job Politicians are human after all. Gillard slept with married men, Rudd was a loner that no-one liked, Winston Churchill was a bit of an alcoholic, JFK had woman in and out of the Whitehouse and was a professional addict (as in he would get doctors to prescribe him pain killers) none of these things matters as long as they are competent on the job

16. geoffw

So you would advocate that pregnant women as well as the partners of pregnant women should not be allowed to work?

Toon, wylie and Joynz like this.
  17. jprops

jprops Well-Known Member

You might get in trouble saying that to an employee.

Joynz likes this.
  18. geoffw

In another thread I mentioned a workplace where people weren't allowed to talk to each other at work.

This is the same workplace where a lady was fired for being pregnant.

They were successfully sued for a large amount.

Small businesses aren't always good at employee regulations or psychology.

Cimbom and jprops like this.
  19. geoffw

It will be interesting to see how Barnaby does on the back bench. Deposed leaders don't have a good record, on either side of the house.

20. Lacrim

Lacrim Well-Known Member

Well now my life's gonna change :rolleyes: