Travel & Holidays Bali

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by HD_ACE, 26th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. 4point5million

4point5million Well-Known Member

I agreed with lightbulb, good advice. Also Lombok is great

2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

Hawaii, is the new Bali,might not be as good on the exchange,but they have the place rock solid safe..

3. Aaron Sice

Aaron Sice Well-Known Member

Change money at the hotel or Western Union. Seriously, the exchange rate difference is a few cents and means you can be relaxed and safe while you exchange.

I change out the same $200-500 increments.

4. Magnet

Magnet Well-Known Member

Hi HD Ace,
    Just reading your post from Bali! Too funny! I'm in Seminyak and this is my 5th time here. We love it. Bluebird taxis & starting the meter +1, we withdraw money from the ATM but changing money is no prob +1 for double checking though. Just had an amazing dinner at Merahputih. Bali does fine dining like you've never seen! Never been to Nusa Dua but friends have and loved it. We are heading to Ulawatu next, never been before so I will get back to you with a report. Like anywhere OS you need to keep your wits about you but the Balinese are absolutely beautiful people and I'm sure you will love it here!

5. HD_ACE

HD_ACE Game-Changer

Thanks Magnet.

Yea i am sure we will enjoy it. Something different so should be good.

6. HD_ACE

HD_ACE Game-Changer

So it appears an ash cloud had better ideas than us going to bali.

First evening flight postponed until early morning. Morning flight 2 hour delay at airport and finally off the ground on our way to bali. 25mins from landing in bali and we are turned back to broome to refuel. Half hour sitting on the tarmac then fly back to perth.

And that was our holiday to bali. Thank f☆☆k we were in bussiness class cause that was a long sad flight :)

7. hobo

hobo Well-Known Member

oh, bugger!

Our 23yo daughter was due to fly to Bali last night..... nope. All flights cancelled. She and her friend are currently making last minute changes and switching to going to Japan instead - some great flight specials at the moment, and it's better than wasting the time off.....

8. Magnet

Magnet Well-Known Member

Oh no! Sorry to hear.
    We are still in Bali! I think we got the better deal. Due to fly out 8/7 but flight cancelled. Tried again 12/7 also cancelled. We are flying out tomorrow I hope - sort of! Can't get my head around Sydney being 6 degrees and we are currently enjoying 26!

9. Travelbug

Travelbug Well-Known Member

I've only just seen this post otherwise I would have posted suggestions for Bali. I've been A LOT. LOL It's my second home. It's the holiday I take when I'm sick of organising holidays. Throw clothes in a bag and jump on a plane, easy. I mostly only laze on the beach these days. You have some great info though. Terrible news about the ash. I hope you get there another time.