Backyard of larger Brisbane property..

Discussion in 'Granny Flats' started by willair, 1st Dec, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

They seem to be designed to be moved around. Basically on a van type chassis, but just more prone to damage from that movement. They must get a special permit to move them over the roadways.

I think they would be great for a rural area, but then again you still have the waste problem.

Angel likes this.
  2. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

Can't see a difference between a caravan and a tiny house as far as amenities go.
    Marg

Tim86 likes this.
  3. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

Not really. It's just that one is hipster and one isn't.

A forty year old saying 'I live in a caravan at my parents' place' says loser. The same forty year old in a tiny house says quirky and artistic!

Well, at least until something else starts trending...

(I actually think tiny houses can be beautiful - but they are still caravans!)

Last edited: 4th Dec, 2016
  4. Tim86

Tim86 Well-Known Member

I just love the argument that if council allows people to use tiny portable houses then we are going to have a shanty town.

What a load of rubbish. Do you know what sort of rate of pick up something like that would have? Hardly 20 tiny houses in every backyard like some would imagine.

And you know what governments can do if the use of something needs to be regulated to keep it safe and pleasing to the eye? They can regulate it...

5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

..if there is a demand for this product why not, this is the size of small 4 townhouse development I built recently in Melb, 16 km from CBD..flew out the door. Not everyone can afford larger homes... we should embrace change and adopt not fear