B&P and general info Ipswich - already bought

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Big Al, 6th Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Big Al

Big Al Member

Living in Adelaide - but buying in Melbourne
    Hi all,

Just bought my first property an IP in Ipswich.
    I know there can be a few issues with the soil/land there - and was wondering what the best way to check everything was?

Have googled a few B&P’s in the area, but am an out of state investor so would love recommendations on any that you guys like and use.

Would also love someone who could analyse the soil and make sure there is no reactive clay soil/black soil/ground movement in the area.

Thanks so much all

2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I sure hope who ever you employed to complete the settlement did all the searches --flood--old mines underground ect,or is this prior to settlement..imho..

3. Big Al

Big Al Member

Still prior to settlement and I have ordered all these from the conveyancer so it will come up in those searches

willair likes this.
  4. Luke T

Luke T Well-Known Member

I have used these guys-0402 749 792 (Andrew) The soiltesters-for classification but most of ipswich is poor soil.i dont buy brick on slab for that reason .If you get one on stumps its fine as you can just replace the few that have sunk (with adjustables is good)

5. Big Al

Big Al Member

Thanks Luke - had the B&P and house is fine but is brick veneer on concrete slab. Some minor issues with tree roots nearby and grade 2 cracks too. Not sure if I should pull out or not so mulling over it now

6. Luke T

Luke T Well-Known Member

Only if good price (I go $50-$70k off of $200-250k purchase price for cracks in bricks on outside then Im covered in resale