Automatic payments for CBA - from diff bank?

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Jmillar, 10th Apr, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jmillar

Jmillar Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Currently I keep cash in a bunch of different offset accountsin different banks but trying to centralise as much of this into my new PPOR offset as possible now. Also I'll be fixing my remaining CBA loans so I won't have any offsets there any more.

Does anyone know if CBA allow you to set up mortgage payments to be automatically taken from a non-CBA account? My PPOR is with Firstmac so intending for payments to come from here moving forward.

ANZ online chat confirmed they allow payments to come from diff. bank so that negates the need for me to keep cash with ANZ moving forward :)

Also thinking of switching from an ANZ credit card to CBA - does anyone know whether you can set up automatic credit card payments to come from a non-CBA account as well?

CBA customer service closed this long weekend and trying to get it all figured out today. Couldn't seem to find the answers in their FAQs :)

Thanks

2. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Did you figure out the potential issue with the fact that Firstmac doesnt seem to be a real offset?

You put all your money into a redraw offset (oxymoron), if there are issues and they close the redraw.......

Hetty likes this.
  3. Jmillar

Good question. The answer is: kind of. I'll post in the relevant thread here

4. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

I can confirm that the CBA will direct debit repayments from another financial institution.

I don't know if the Firstmac 'redraw offset' account is suitable, but I suspect it is.

Jmillar likes this.
  5. rhinsor

rhinsor Well-Known Member

They do but if you have a yearly fee (eg $395) for a package they will only take it from a CBA account or the loan it self.

This has annoyed me for years

Jmillar likes this.
  6. Jmillar

Thanks guys. Anyone know whether they will accept the same for credit cards too?