Automatic Flushing toilets

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by thesuperman, 1st Jun, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. thesuperman

thesuperman Well-Known Member

Has anyone here installed automatic flushing toilets in their property, like the ones you have in public toilets? Is this something a plumber does or an electrician? I had one plumber yesterday say they never seen an automatic flush toilet in Australia lol

A quick Google search brings up something like this: Automatic Toilet Flush - Infrared Sensor - Suits Push Button Cisterns but I would think there's a lot of other different options out there that a plumber can install.

Last edited: 1st Jun, 2022
  2. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

There's a bathroom & toilet shop near me that has them. Nice novelty item, but you won't get a higher resale value, nor more rent. I you think it's nice and want it in your own home that's fine, but don't do it for investment purposes.

3. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

I dunno.

I stayed over at a new lady friends place one night. Needed the bathroom.

She must have wondered what I was doing.....lol....I spent about 2-3 minutes to see if I could find the exhaust fan (which came on by itself while looking) and then a further 5 minutes trying to work out how the loo flushed. It had a concealed button.

Jeez, that was getting me in a sweat. For gawds sakes if you conceal a button or get an auto one, put a sign there for the poor visitors. :):p

craigc, Marg4000 and Sackie like this.
  4. thesuperman

thesuperman Well-Known Member

Ok, make that 2 plumbers now who've never seen automatic flushing toilets lol (one said they've seen for urinals only). If I go to my local park, they are all auto flush toilets, and it's in the outer suburbs, not a rich area. Wonder if these plumbers get out much if they've never seen auto flush toilets. These are also pretty standard in all modern shopping centres in developing Asian countries I've been too, all auto flush toilets, hands free.

Yes, this would be for our own place.

Last edited: 1st Jun, 2022
  5. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

Not the same as commercial toilets but Toto make a toilet which has a sensor and automatically flushes when it knows you have stood up.

6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

I had one yesterday who told me that they don't make reducers for floor wastes. Took all on 5 minutes and first shop to find one.

7. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

The last thing a plumber wants when out is to see/use a toilet, gives them the sh#$%