Australian GPD Growth Slows To Lowest Since 2011

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by 2FAST4U, 2nd Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

It doesn't. But can you find me an analyst that thinks Capex has bottomed or will rise from here?

I'd be up for a wager if you don't think it will fall further. Name your price and terms :)

2. Waterboy

Waterboy Well-Known Member

How would have capex bottomed when forward estimates say it's at recessionary levels.

[​IMG]

3. Rumplestiltskin

Rumplestiltskin Well-Known Member

Aaron, your posts remind me of that scene at the end of "Dirty Harry".
    Where the guy has the gun pointed at his head but Dirty Harry challenges him to guess whether he has fired every bullet in the chamber.

"I gots to know" "I gots to know" and then the gun goes off.

4. Natedog

Natedog Well-Known Member

Residential construction in Melbourne is nowhere near its peak.

Developers are selling land in the new stages in new estates with some of them expecting titles over 12 months from now....

Reason being is that every developer in the south east corridor has had huge sales volumes this calendar year, the demand is ridiculous.....putting pressure on them to produce a new stage and bring it to market even if titles are expected 18 months from now in some cases!

I ALSO see the rebuilding (replacing) of Melbournes older existing housing stock in higher land value areas as real contributor to the states economy over the next 10 years also, the demand for this is growing noticeably!

Just what I am seeing on the ground day to day and gut feel.

Last edited by a moderator: 10th Oct, 2021
  5. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

6. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

I agree on one point he made in the article:
    "But, if we don't continue down the path of delivering free trade agreements, getting rid of taxes, getting rid of regulation, and opening up more of the Australian economy to competition, then we will risk significant job losses and slower economic growth."

This has been shown to be true in several economies around the world.

7. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Well-Known Member

Democratic People's Republic of Australia
  8. Rumplestiltskin

9. 2FAST4U

Our mighty esteemed Treasurer.

10. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Go easy you blokes; I have to put up with enough Lib-bashing on the frickin' ABC radio every day. :rolleyes:

John Feine; what a f'n C....don't start me on him and Mark Scot.

Anyway; let's get some perspective; Labor f*cked it up for 6 years amidst the greatest mining boom (revenue) we've ever had.

Since that bunch have been kicked out (by the Public) the Libs have been in power for not even 1/3rd the time thus far.

Fair go; we've still got another 4 years to do bugger all to do a 100% better job than those idiots.

And, having to deal with a Senate which will not allow anything to be passed, and a mining boom which has left the building.:rolleyes:

Last edited: 4th Sep, 2015
  11. 2FAST4U

Good old ABC:D

I just find the Liberal Government ironic since in 2014 they were banging on about cuts and a budget emergency and controlling the budget deficit etc. Yet in 2015 only public spending – both consumption and investment – kept the economy in positive growth territory in the June-quarter 2015, which makes the Federal government’s call for sharp cuts in government spending look pathetic. I'm thankful that they've lightened up on their ideological dialogue though because policy austerity now would plunge the Australian economy into recession and represent an irresponsible government policy stance.

marty998 likes this.
  12. Bayview

What choice did they have, 2Fast?

If you can't get anything through the Senate, then other directions need to be taken.

If they were to sit on their hands and do nothing at all; would you be happy?

This is the situation with you lot on the Left - it really doesn't matter what the Libs do; you are never happy.

*Stop the boats - "They are drowning elsewhere" (no evidence of that) and the Gubb is disgusting/heartless and so on.
    *Free-Trade with China - "Selling/costing Aussie jobs" - no proof that this will occur, and those Chinese trades will result in more exports into their Country from ours...win/win overall.

Plenty of other examples.

13. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

This lot, that lot. They're all crap.

JDP1, marty998 and Bayview like this.
  14. 2FAST4U

I don't vote for Liberal or Labor- I vote for independents.

As for the Chinese Free Trade Agreement there is no doubt that this will impact upon Australian jobs and wages. Australia always gets the raw end of the stick when it comes to these arrangements. The USA kept their tarrifs & subsidies. The EU did the same. China is only prepared to reduce some tariffs if we give them open slather to buy up huge areas of Australia & bring in their own people, i.e. a colony of China within our country. And all along we've been dumb enough to fall for it. Total chumps & the rest of the world are laughing all the way to the bank.

15. Bayview

Sadly, I tend to agree.

But I think the current lot are doing marginally better given the obstacles than the last lot.

I guess we need to compare the apples in 4 years.

16. Bayview

As an Employer - who has also been an Employee; I have to disagree.

I added that I have been both an Employee and an Employer, because from my experience, most Employees who have never been Employers tend tol only ever look at issues from the Employees' side of the coin....how it will affect their hip-pocket and lifestyle directly; and not the greater good.

Without these Trade agreements, there was no job in the first place.

We can all whine and carry on about the possibility of jobs being lost to Chinese workers, but there were no jobs anyway ( I doubt that it will be open slather on only Chinese workers and no Aussie workers in those projects - there will be ongoing checks and balances, and because it has become so public; the spotlight will always be on them).

That's all Union (and Labour) scaremongering.

My industry for eg; there are very strong Industry rules and Award guidelines for such things as wage rates and everything else.

A Chinese farming project for example; out in the back of Bourke, which has 35 Chinese mechanics onsite isn't going to affect what any Aussie mechanic is earning or will earn in the future.

And of course; there are going to be the increased opportunities for our local businesses to sell product to their people.

17. Rumplestiltskin

Not bagging the libs, they do a far better job than the other mob.
    Don't rate Hockey though, far too much to say for his station.

18. Bayview

If anything; I reckon he is far too quiet. Hardly ever see him in front of the cameras compared to Billy Bob.

Christ; even Clive Palmer gets more air time than Joe.

By their own admission - and various Lib media - neither he or any of the other Libs have really done a good job of selling/advertising their successes to the Public so far (the Labor supporters will now chime in with; "that's because they haven't had any yet!" ;))

Unfortunately for Joe - and any Pollie who has to deliver bad news to the masses - almost every time he speaks he looks like a bad guy.

That statement about "Get a good job that pays well" for example.

Simply the truth...try and buy a house with a job that doesn't pay well.

What's that saying amongst Pollies? "We know what to do, but what we need to do won't get us reelected"

Our society is molly-coddled far too much.

Rumplestiltskin likes this.
  19. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

True.
    However, as much as we lament the poor luck we have had in politicians, we should also be grateful that we don't have any extreme (left/right) parties that are serious contenders for the top job.
    Both lib and Labor are center right and center left respectively ; however they are both somewhat center.

20. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

It would be refreshing to have a party that was actively for something, instead of just being against what the other guys are for.