AstraZeneca no longer produced in Melbourne

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Stoffo, 13th Oct, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

In the news tonight that AZ production in Australia/Melb will soon cease due to few Australian's taking up this as their preferred "JAB"......

Bit of a shame if you ask me, after all the investment, training and set up costs to produce it here :(

I would sooner see production continue for 6 months with the AZ produced then flown to third world countries for FREE :cool:

This could be considered to be part of our foreign aid (and cost's attributed to that budget, or Australian forces could deliver it) ;)
    Worst case the Australian government could run a donation campaign to fund it, I'd donate :D

Australia's are now one of the most vaccinated on this planet, time to pass it forward :)

2. SatayKing

SatayKing Well-Known Member

Yes, that was announced in June I understand.

Scott No Mates likes this.
  3. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

AFAIK, CSL was gearing up to cutover to mrna products quite some time ago, so shouldn't be much waste of resources.

The Y-man

4. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

What ? No they're not, 69% first dose, 51% fully vaxed.
    All of Western Europe is higher, maybe in two months Australia will be closer to top European levels, but above USA & Germany much sooner, weeks.

Last edited: 13th Oct, 2021
  5. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

6. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

This from Aus Gov?

[​IMG]

Lizzie likes this.
  7. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

Australian numbers are for over 16 yrs old, so inflated about 25%. So real numbers about 80% of published.

Nothing wrong with doing it that way, but can't compare against other countries who report full vax rates, which I see Australian media and politicians doing a lot. Not just Australia some other countries like Ireland do it as well, their PM was claiming they were the most vaxed in Europe the other day at 90%, when they were really at 74%.

Last edited: 14th Oct, 2021
  8. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

Going back you are correct (serves me right for skimming)
    ACT 95%, NSW 92%, first dose only as of 14 Oct
    So theory says in 4-6 weeks those people should have second jab, putting us well up
    Screenshot_20211014-063405_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Uptake by 12-16yo has been faster than the rest of the local population !

"In the 12-15 year old age group, 69.7 percent have had their first dose, and 20.3 percent are fully vaccinated to 11.59pm on Monday 11 October 2021 ".(catching up fast)
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...wQFnoECBAQAQ&usg=AOvVaw17le6L4hdou5N22ZdY_Nxf

9. SatayKing

The ACT Government has indicated it is a nonsense not to include 12+ as part of the eligible population. Since mid-September, the ACT has included them in the 2 dose numbers. As at 12 October, 73.5% of the eligible population in the ACT is fully vaccinated with first dose coverage being 98.5%.

If or when 5 to 12 yo's are eligible, I'd guess the ACT will also include them as part of the vaccinated population.

Lizzie and Stoffo like this.
  10. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

If Australians won’t accept AZ, possibly people in other countries won’t accept it either, given the bad publicity it has received. Sadly, mud sticks.

At worst, Australia may be accused of “palming off” an inferior product.

11. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

I found that in most cases, the projected dates for 12+ to reach 90% vaccination was within a day or two of 16+ reaching 90% vaccination - so I stopped tracking 16+ and just focused on 12+.

Stoffo and SatayKing like this.
  12. SatayKing

The Y-man likes this.
  13. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I agree - would rather see the figures as a percentage of "total population" - or - at least % of eligible population, which is now 12+... anything else, to me, is simply manipulation

However - this graphic might give a clearer picture, put out by the health department today and the second page of the one posted by Redwing above. One would think that "first dose" would show the intention of taking the second dose as soon as available

Screenshot (40).png

Casteller, Stoffo and Redwing like this.