Artwork

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by TerryN, 20th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. TerryN

TerryN Well-Known Member

Audrey1.jpg
    Hello MTR,Slow night at home,finished hosing outside etc,and am now having a look through some of the forum threads and noticed that your avatar suggests that you like some of the same famous old film stars that I have co-incidentally done drawings of, so I will post one or two for your interest.(or not.ha,ha)Regards Terry.

sharon, Weaver, Bran and 4 others like this.
  2. TerryN

TerryN Well-Known Member

Liz.jpg

sharon, wylie and Darren like this.
  3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Wow
    Just love these, is it charcol ?
    I do like the iconic classic movie stars

I really appreciate you doing this, you are really great, perhaps you should consider taking it a step further, selling, teaching??

wylie likes this.
  4. TerryN

TerryN Well-Known Member

Thanks MTR,No,they aren't charcoal just graphite pencils but there are alot of layers on them.The darkest pencil would be a 6B from memory but that is enough to get the contrast needed if you use the white of the paper I think.I couldn't teach anyone much as I am really just a learner myself, and have picked up bits and pieces here and there from people on the internet as well as You Tube etc.I have a gallery on an art site and most of the people on there are light years ahead of me,but hopefully I will improve when I get some more time to put into it one day.(probably in retirement.ha,ha)I have a mosaic piece set out of Audrey Hepburn and it seems to be the same pic that you had on your avatar so hopefully that will turn out ok,although it might take awhile to finish as we will be coming and going with our work for the first half of this year.Regards Terry.

MTR and EN710 like this.
  5. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Those pencil drawings are seriously good. Do you sell them?

MTR likes this.
  6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly, amazing stuff, we have an artist.

EN710 likes this.
  7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

New Audrey avatar:)

TerryN likes this.
  8. TerryN

TerryN Well-Known Member

No wylie,I don't sell any of the craftwork (drawings,mosaics,woodwork etc) I do,I just give it to the different people (usually family and good friends) who might ask me now and then if I could do something for them.Sometimes they insist on giving me something in return,such as a boxing mate in NZ who I did a drawing of recently.His name is Lance Bryant and he is a well performed pro boxer and the current Cruiserweight Champion of NZ.We hit it off on a couple of our boxing related trips over there and I did a drawing of him and sent it over a couple of months ago and promptly received some boxing memorabilia in return,which was great but not necessary.I will include it for your interest.I think when you are drawing such beautiful faces such as Audrey Hepburn and Liz Taylor etc,it's hard not to get a decent result,but a bit more difficult when doing "ordinary" people such as the girl I posted the drawing of a couple of comments back.She has a certain way of sort of twisting one side of her smile up, and it throws you off a bit even though I have known her for yonks.I'm sure there would be much more work in your mosaic busts wylie,from what I can see?Regards Terry. LanceBryant1.jpg

sharon and wylie like this.
  9. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

You know what... anyone can glue glass onto a bust, but you have real talent. I cannot draw to save my life. I appreciate the talent involved. My hubby and our sons all have a talent for drawing but me... I can't sing and I can't draw.

TerryN likes this.
  10. TerryN

TerryN Well-Known Member

Love it MTR,very hard not to really,what a lovely woman.I have dug up a couple more from out of the shoe box so will put one up here and there for your interest.You might remember this lady. DD2.jpg

sharon, EN710, MTR and 2 others like this.
  11. chindonly

chindonly Well-Known Member

Nice drawings! We have an artist in my suburb that draws in gold and silver.
    His works are absolutely stunning.

sharon, TerryN, Darren and 1 other person like this.
  12. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Was asked to paint a ship for a t shirt, hopefully I end up with a shirt or 2 out of it IMG_20170131_215627_655.jpg

hobo, sharon, Weaver and 5 others like this.
  13. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Doris Day....:)

TerryN likes this.
  14. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

I haven't seen this for years! I don't need to open it again, but I remember losing it at the fire truck. One of the funniest things on the internet, ever

15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

loving this thread guys:)

TerryN likes this.
  16. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

does @wylie know u have her bust on display at open homes?

17. TerryN

TerryN Well-Known Member

That should look really good on a tee shirt Darren.It sounds like you don't worry much about charging either,and just do them for fun?They are very good.Are you self taught?I don't think I'd like to have half a dozen to do commissions lined up waiting as I only like to draw when I feel like it, and as well,I would always be wondering if the end product was good enough to be paid for.Regards Terry.

18. TerryN

TerryN Well-Known Member

I've done another one of Doris MTR,but she looks quite a bit different from the last one (could be me of course)I think it might have been in her Annie gets a gun days. DD.jpg

sharon and MTR like this.
  19. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Do you ever do family sketches

20. TerryN

TerryN Well-Known Member

If you mean a drawing with four or five family members in it,than no I haven't MTR.I have done one of three old classmates of mine who I didn't see for around 40 years, but I gave one of them (my first girlfriend) the drawing and don't have any copies of that one.I have done quite a few boxing one's with two fighter's in them and they do take quite a bit longer to do,so I really prefer to do just a single portrait I suppose.I have done some of my own family so will include one of my middle grandson and one of my grand niece for your interest.I don't think I'll be doing much artwork over the next six months or so though Willo.jpg Caleb.jpg as we are coming and going to a job out of town.(not quite as far as you have to travel but a fair way from us)and that will take up most of our time.

wylie, sharon, Weaver and 1 other person like this.