Are all people created equal..

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by willair, 30th Dec, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. TreeGrove

TreeGrove Active Member

I have always wondered about the effect of nature vs nurture on how successful/happy people end up. If you are raised too privileged you wont have the drive to improve yourself because your parents are your safety net.

2. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

There was a British evolutionary biologist Julian-Huxley who first used the term 'transhumanism' you may have read the book,the book is over 50 years old..

Combine that with being born into a wealthy environment some say you will live 10 years longer,then if born into a poor environment so the inequality of a person is already getting bigger combine that with 'trickle down economics and add reverse genetic engineering and the word ,transhumanism then the levels of social inequality will become very different ..

3. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Are we all created equal? No way.

I think brain factor is far more important in this than being lucky with your birth parents. You can have as many ducks (or stars) as possible lined up in a neat row and still manage to make dumb decisions. You can have the best education money can buy and still make dumb decisions. You can marry into the wealthiest family in the country, Diana, and be as miserable as anything. Bill and Hillary have both pedigree and smarts, they seem to be doing ok.

kierank likes this.
  4. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Reminds me of this... unfair advantages....sort of

Sometimes you just have to deal with what you have and make the most of what you have, its never going to be an equal playing field.

Unfair Advantages

kierank likes this.