Architect Recommendation - Melbourne

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by hvdw87, 5th May, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. hvdw87

hvdw87 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Would appreciate any recommendations for a good residential architect in Melbourne to provide advice on reconfiguring an existing floor plan (attached).

We want to turn this into a 4 bedder, with the formal living area at the front of the house converted into a 4th bedroom/multi-purpose room. We currently have our dining table in this area and need to find a way to move that into the kitchen/meal/living area so that it is all connected. I believe this will require knocking out a couple of walls and reconfiguring the kitchen layout.

Happy for any other recommendations, just assumed an Architect is the most appropriate person to be providing this sort of advice and assume that a site visit is required, hence the Melbourne based preference.

Appreciate any advice.

Attached Files:

2. Zimplestiltskin

Zimplestiltskin Well-Known Member

I don't think you need an architect for something so simple.

Is this all you are asking for?
    Keep it simple, it needs simple addition of non-structural walls.

[​IMG]

3. hvdw87

hvdw87 Well-Known Member

Sort of but not quite as simple. In losing that front room, we need to accommodate a larger dining area connected to the kitchen and family area. I fel like the only way to achieve that to remove the cupboard wall opposite that bathroom and maybe even a portion of the stub wall opposite the laundry.

If doing this, I almost wonder whether it is then worth looking at the entire kitchen configuration as it is not ideally what we want (need a bigger pantry, fridge, ideally larger oven etc).

4. Zimplestiltskin

Zimplestiltskin Well-Known Member

Nah that's zoning your bedrooms and keeping seperation of toilet from kitchen.

Have you thought about a smaller indoor dining table?

5. hvdw87

hvdw87 Well-Known Member

Hahaha yes I have, a much cheaper, less hassle solution.

Its probably the fact that there are other issues with the house (kitchen size, pantry etc) where we thought if we create that 4th bedroom, we might as well try to reconfigure it to suit us better.

Zimplestiltskin likes this.