Approaching Authors for an 'Interview'?

Discussion in 'Share Investing Strategies, Theories & Education' started by KJB, 17th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. KJB

KJB Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I have just purchased a bunch of books by various authors mentioned on these threads.
    I'm going off the assumption that a lot of you have read or are planning to read (or at the least are aware of the content) some or all of these books from;

- Peter Thornhill
    - David Bassanese (Australian ETF guide)
    - Pete Wargent

These are the only ones coming to mind at the moment, I have chosen them as they all have a focus on equities and also from an Australian viewpoint (well more so then a lot of the other books i was looking at)

My plan (well more of a thought i just had) was to approach some/all or even other authors with a set of questions to elaborate further on from their books,strategies and/or point of views - I also thought of inviting them to this forum, though i do think a simple email with a list of questions they can answer in their own time which could then be copy and pasted on this forum might be an easier option for them.

I have no problem approaching them with the request, however I am not at all confident i would be asking the type right of questions to be getting the best responses (even after i read the books)

Is anyone (@The Falcon, @austing ) interested in penning a few questions?

This wont happen overnight obviously, it could be a case of stockpiling questions over a a few months and then putting it to an email?

Again just a thought, Please reply to this post or PM me if any one is interested

Thanks

Kayne

2. Shankiedoodle

Shankiedoodle Well-Known Member

uhm.. im pretty sure pete is on this forum

3. KJB

KJB Well-Known Member

lol ... Nice to know :oops::oops:

4. orangestreet

orangestreet Well-Known Member

I have corresponded with @petewargent before privately. He is a top bloke. Maybe tempt him with some cricket talk first and mention that you are a Alistair Cook fan;).Pete knows him from his childhood.

Do you need help with investment strategies, don’t want to buy the wrong stocks, or you just need a regular income stream? We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice.