Apartment and garden renovation. Sydney.

Discussion in 'Renovation & Home Improvement' started by Sackie, 4th Nov, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Perini Tiles Melbourne, Tile Collection - Cloud Wall Tiles

They got nice tiles too.

2. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

3. Westminster

Westminster Tigress at Tiger Developments Business Member

I'm with you. I converted to one bigger single sink 3 years ago and never looked back. I adore being able to wash my electric frypan, wok, baking trays, oven trays with ease.

wylie and Penguin like this.
  4. jaybean

Yeah I'm the same. I was convinced I need a double in my reno. But when I actually paid attention to what I was using the second one for...it was basically a glorified scourer holder.

Penguin likes this.
  5. Westminster

Maybe something like this? Natural Stone Tiles Supplier Sydney and Melbourne

6. jaybean

7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

@jsmith88 I was on site today to accept some deliveries and looked at the ensuite bathroom. I think no matter what size glass panel I get it won't work. It'll be too big or too small. So I'm gonna keep the same glass set up as this. This is the actual ensuite. I may try and salvage it if I can get the door knob to be fitted with brushed brass. If not I'll get a new one.

Screenshot_20220118-205956_Chrome.jpg

craigc likes this.
  8. jsmith88

jsmith88 Active Member

@Sackie, our IP has a 600mm gap between the wall and a fixed panel of 1050mm and it still lets some water out, albeit not much.

I'd choose that over a sliding setup if you can't do a single fixed panel. Hopefully you can retain the old stuff and save some dollars. Hopefully the hole pattern is standard for the brackets and hinges if you're changing those too and the tiling etc. leaves the distance between the walls the same (or close enough) so the glass panel sizes work.

Sackie likes this.
  9. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Would you consider a sliding door. We have one in our main bathroom, and I love the look of it (not to mention open showers are cold in winter).

10. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Pic of it?

11. wylie

We have a glass end, but you would not need that so cost should be pretty reasonable.

I allowed myself to be talked into open ended glass screens in our townhouses by a designer. It was the only thing she got wrong IMO. It was obvious that the vanities were going to be splashed, let alone the water that uncaring tenants could allow to simply flow outside the cubicle. I had them replaced with sliding doors so I can relax and not worry about if (when?) I'm going to have to replace the vanities due to the splashing.

Attached Files:

12. skater

skater Well-Known Member

To be honest, every time I hear Terrazzo, I think of that purple haired witch from The Block. I do like the look of Terrazzo, but every time I hear the word my mind see's her and her atrocious kitchen.

13. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing 'your truth' Haha:p

skater likes this.
  14. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Thanks wylie. Interesting..

I'm not a big fan though of that mental rail all the way across...

Last edited: 19th Jan, 2022
    skater likes this.
  15. wylie

Fair call @Sackie. I like the industrial feel of the rail but I also love barn doors on sliding hardware. And I love warehouse conversions, so this is my little nod to that aesthetic. :D

Also, I don't like swinging glass shower doors because they can hit things (or people) and smash (even if there is room for one). This can be left open for airing the shower cubicle without leaving it open.

16. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I also like the industrial look tbh:) just don't think it'll work for the aesthetics of that ensuite.

However...:oops:...having said that, the door which opens the ensuite will be on rails lol. Because it makes sense space wise. I could follow though with the rail shower door...but somehow I still think it won't work too well with the overall style of the ensuite.

Screenshot_20220119-094219_Chrome.jpg

Last edited: 19th Jan, 2022
  17. Westminster

How wide is your ensuite? It looks to be a bit less than 1500mm? If so a shower solution is always going to struggle and the door or slider is going to work best to keep the water in the shower if it's a hobless shower

18. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I don't have that critical measurement yet, plans being updated now but I would guess its approx 1500 yep. I think the current setup will work best. Fixed panel, then door to open. It actually looks quite neat. When the door is open against the wall it doesn't look chunky and when closed doesn't make the place look smaller because it's all see thorough.

19. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Put the names names of materials which might help others looking to reno. The tile place give pretty good discounts too. This is for ensuite. Building to start soon.

Screenshot_20220201-102426_Instagram.jpg

20. Westminster

Sackie likes this.

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.