ANZ LMI Waiver Policy - Accountants

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by KayDee, 4th Jan, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. KayDee

KayDee Member

Hi All,

I tried scouring the forums for more information regarding ANZ's LMI Waiver Policy for accountants, and had no luck finding the detail I require. I found this on Google but it's quite general information - https://www.anz.com.au/content/dam/anzcomau/documents/pdf/broker-lmi-waiver-accountants.pdf

Can the experts confirm whether the policy allows for both refinancing of an existing loan/equity release at 90% LvR AND get a pre-approval for LvR 90% of a new purchase? Or can it be only one or the other?

Our previous purchase used CBA's LMI Waiver Policy but it was capped at 4 times our combined income (both CAs). Does ANZ or any other banks have a similar cap?

The above assumes that we are eligible customers e.g. CAs, AUS Citizens, borrowing less than the max.

Appreciate if the experts can share similar experiences and how successful in getting both equity release & pre-approval at 90% LvR.

Cheers.

2. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

ANZ's policy is probably the most generous out there for accountants. As long as you meet their general lending criteria, you just have to demonstrate that you're an accountant (CPA membership or similar) and you'll get the LMI waiver. I haven't come across any loopholes.

craigc, KayDee and Curious2019 like this.
  3. Tony Xia

Tony Xia Structured Loan Advisor Business Member

Can confirm this. Just completed the same scenario.

KayDee likes this.
  4. Curious2019

Curious2019 Well-Known Member

We are currently applying for our second property loan with ANZ using the LMI waiver for CA’s at 90% lending. It’s a great perk with no minimum income (some other banks have a $120k or $150k min income requirement).

KayDee likes this.
  5. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

ANZ are not the only option here
    Why not use the services of a mortgage broker for this deal? A few responded above already.

KayDee likes this.
  6. Peter_Tersteeg

Peter_Tersteeg Mortgage Broker Business Member

ANZ, CBA, Westpac group all have LMI waivers for accountants (I don't think NAB does, but could be wrong). I think theres a few second tier lenders offering it as well. ANZ is by far the easiest to work with that I've encountered. All of the others have criteria such as minimum income or simlar. ANZ just wants proof you're an accountant.

Curious2019 likes this.
  7. smallbuyer

smallbuyer Well-Known Member

Hello, How about lawyers? Is it the same with these banks for lawyers? Also interested in the income requirement.
    Do they give the same rates on this 90% account packages (liek what others get at 80%) or is it loaded with higher interest?
    Cheers

8. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

pretty much the same as with accountants. same rates generally

Curious2019 and smallbuyer like this.
  9. islandprincess

islandprincess New Member

Hi, if I am an associate member of CPA Australia, and at the same time I am also a member of an overseas accounting body, would I qualify for the LMI waiver?

10. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Last I heard you did need a practicing certificate but like all things in lending it changes regularly.

islandprincess likes this.
  11. TheAccountant

TheAccountant New Member

Recently obtained my first home property utilising the ANZ LMI Waiver as a CPA.

Fairly straight forward but had to go through a broker

Terry_w likes this.
  12. pivot18

pivot18 New Member

We're going through this with ANZ at the moment on our loan for PPOR. Looks like a current practising certificate at time of application is all you need.

momentum26 likes this.