Anyone used Property Education program by PK Gupta?

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by DanUM, 21st Sep, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Afty

Afty Member

I agree. Problem is when there is a correction. Rising tide lifts all the boats.

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I hear this often but to me it's a meaningless statement. Sure, most properties rise in boom times. But so what? What I want are properties that won't just rise but outperform. Also, a cooling market doesn't see all boats retract equally. I want properties that will also be resilient when markets cool.

The value is always in the details.

Bolsta and Gen-Y like this.
  3. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

What happens after every nice price rise a myriad of new "guru" with the secret sauce to picking the perfect property when all they could've done is take the dog for a walk and buy the place where he stops to water the tree out front.

Getting above standard returns is the skill, though it will take many years before that's apparent.
    And of course there's plenty ways and means to ahcieve that.
    In this case imo the skill was having the million dollar income much more than buying a few properties, though buying IPs is mostly a good thing.

AndyPandy, SuperOlaf, Nanjie and 2 others like this.
  4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Dont be silly, its all down to luck. :p

aving1001 likes this.
  5. DanUM

DanUM Active Member

Wow. No client feedback for my initial post for almost a year, but now PK and many clients suddenly appeared and posting reviews over the last few days :eek::eek::eek: (I too would have done the course if I saw these comments lol).

Anyway no doubt that PK is a very good at marketing as I have seen in many of his fb group posts. You just need to filter out the marketing aspects of the posts to see the beneficial info.

TurtleRacer likes this.
  6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

ok, so what did you do in the last year… cos I can tell you if u jumped into perth u would have made money…. Not too late btw

AnasWestie likes this.
  7. DanUM

DanUM Active Member

Bought in Sydney and about 20% capitol gain so far

Rambo and Sackie like this.
  8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Well done, good for you

DanUM likes this.
  9. The.Night.King

The.Night.King Well-Known Member

I'm exactly the same as you, TIME is valuable to me. We decided to " Invest and empower ourselves " by purchasing PK's course to make sure we have an edge when making life changing decisions. After all buying a property is very scary especially if you don't know what to look for besides the usual factors: near shops, schools, transportation, workplace etc.

There are factors that we would never have considered without the guidance and tips from the course and the weekly mentorship sessions - all from different investors with difference experience/financial backgrounds.

Is it worth investing on PK's course? YES.

Why do we think its worth it? What you're paying for is insight from years of experience based on ever changing market dynamics and data which would be difficult to interpret as a beginner investor.

One of the most beneficial features of the mentorship is to be able to ask ANY questions regarding the way you have conducted your due diligence, choices of property even down to issues you may possibly encounter with which PK and the other mentors will happily answer within 2 business days.

We hope that this helps future investors in making their decision.

PK Gupta and Rowl like this.
  10. The.Night.King

The.Night.King Well-Known Member

if your strategy works for you, Congratulations :)

We decided to make a client feedback regarding the course to make sure future investors have all the information they need to make a decision.

I personally just stopped coming in here ( Property chat forums ) after browsing here for months. I don't like bad mouthing other people but I had the conclusion that most " advisers" in here are well... just like any advisers... Have their own personal agenda.

Stockastics, PK Gupta and PinkPanther like this.
  11. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

... and yet here you are, posting on PropertyChat? :p

Most people who are "advisers" here are small, independent firms who provide specific, transparent services and advice. We do not have any property "spruikers" who are business members of this site - they wouldn't last a day here.

The vast majority of the propert industry is (in my opinion) full of advisers who are taking kickbacks from developers and are nothing more than glorified sales agents pretending to be giving independent advice, which is anything but. We don't have any of those types here - and they are the reason why our members are naturally suspicious of anyone calling themselves property advisers or selling courses.

Those of us who are old enough remember the likes of Henry Kaye and Jamie McIntyre and the like who offer "education" and help people invest - have seen the fallout from people like this.

There is no regulation in the property spruiking industry - ASIC can't touch them (provided that they aren't giving advice on property trusts or SMSFs) and the amount of money being paid in commissions from developers to these adviser spruikers is staggering.

Now in this specific case, from what I've read PK Gupta does seem to be one of the exceptions and claims to not receive any payments from developers, which is good.

From their FAQ: Your Questions Answered [PK Gupta - Property Investment Accelerator]

Do you get paid by developers or anyone else?
    No. Only our client pay us. There is no conflict of interest. Ever.

I do note that membership of PK's course "Gives you optional team of mortgage broker, conveyancer, accountant, quantity surveyor, and property managers nationally" - and I'd be interested to understand whether these people work for or are affiliated with PK's business in any way (or pay referral fees etc).

Either way - I do expect anyone claiming to be a property expert to receive a grilling from experienced investors to identify exactly why they think they are an expert and how their offering is any different to anyone else - and indeed, whether they fall into the spruiker category or not.

A lot of us on this site have been investing in real estate for literally decades and have been on forums for just as long - here on PropertyChat and Somersoft before it. We've seen all of the horror stories of people who have lost everything - we've heard the pitches from spruikers who claim to be independent advisers but are just getting kickbacks from developers - and so we've become naturally cynical and suspicious of everyone who calls themselves an expert.

The fact that @PK Gupta has taken the time to post here puts him a long way above most of the "experts" out there who see sites like this as a threat (and so they should!) and aren't willing to step into the fire and subject themselves to the scruitiny that comes with it. It would be even better if he was to stick around and contribute to the community - share some of his expertise to demonstrate just how knowledgeable he is.

So just to be clear: I don't know enough about PK Gupta or his course to make a judgement either way - but from what I've read so far - I would not be putting him in the "avoid" category at this point. There are not many people offering what he seems to be offering - and I'm very much in favour of education (as opposed to outsourcing your decision making to someone who promises to do it all for you).

Icarus, DevD, Maychi and 11 others like this.
  12. PK Gupta

PK Gupta Well-Known Member

I agree with these sentiments.

Property "EXPERTS" [​IMG]

CHECK THEIR MOTIVATION
    • Why do they do this? Because many of these people are actually sellers agents or project marketers who obtain handsome commissions, finders fees or other financial rewards for encouraging you to buy certain properties, even if the properties they recommend may not achieve your property investment goals.

CHECK THEIR CREDIBILITY
    • You should also check to see what others are saying about these experts. Google the person’s name, together with words such as “scam” or “spruiker” and see what pops up. Have they been investigated by ASIC, the ACCC, or government watchdogs such as Consumer Affairs or Fair Trading? You might be surprised!

Do Your Due Diligence!

13. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Personally, I would like to see this made illegal.

Developers should either employ their own (clearly identified) marketing teams, or rely on existing sales agents to move their product - it would then be clear who you are buying from and the nature of any "advice" they might be offering.

There are very few independent and genuine educators left - because they can't get their voice heard amongst the expensive and slick marketing engines used by the spruikers, funded by the enormous commissions paid to them by the developers.

14. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Btw, I am not PK client

15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Networking…. Networking
    Make re agents your friend. Easiest way to make money in property is buy in a rising market. Not hard to work it out.

Adding value another, not rocket science but picking up the land at the right price. More work

16. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Well-Known Member

Checked PK Gupta's reviews, oldest review was in mid 2020 and most of the reviewers appeared to be first time buyers. Interestingly there was also a review from one of his employees.

17. yoyo_guitarist

yoyo_guitarist Well-Known Member

Hi team just wanting to see if anyone has any recent experience with PK GUPTA course?
    It offers structured property advice and suburb selection using data. There is another post on here, but wondering if anyone had any non bias recent experience. Basically the suburb selection is what I’d be really keen to utilise. Is there any other courses or services similar, non BA ?

18. thunderstrike888

thunderstrike888 Well-Known Member

No experience and I've never used anything like this kind of service.

What does he offer that your own due diligence/research cannot offer? Paying for data based advice sounds to me like your just paying for his time he put in to research and to nicely put together an information pack of certain suburbs your interested in and based on that you make your decision?

If that's the case why cant you do that research yourself?

yoyo_guitarist and Branden like this.
  19. yoyo_guitarist

yoyo_guitarist Well-Known Member

may I ask what data indicators one would be looking at. There’s are they main ones like DOM and vacancy rates, but what would set aside they data points. Also what about zoning location. Looking at suburbs or towns where areas can’t be Built out anymore ?
    Do you know any decent data sites. Also what’s your prediction for 2022 for performing suburbs, North QLD, Perth, Adelaide ?

AndyPandy likes this.
  20. HonestShiba

HonestShiba Well-Known Member

He's very anti-BA.

Very anti-BA because his business model depends on it. I find it quite hypocritical that he charges $6k a pop, yet slams buyers agents for their $10k to $15k fee. $6k a pop for material that he has already written and can sell over and over with minimal touch, he has a much better business model than BAs if you ask me ;)

He talks about being financially fee yet charges 6k a pop for a course. I'm always wary of 'finfluencers' like that.

Also vocally very anti-Logan which is a bit weird to me. Maybe because his competition is usually BAs that buy in the Logan area. Buy his course to find out why his 'data indicators' don't tell a good story for Logan, contrary to what most BAs will say.

Read his FB posts though, something just doesn't rub me the right way. Posts seem too sprukerish and non-transparent.

He seems to have good reviews though.

Last edited by a moderator: 23rd Mar, 2022