Anyone used Property Education program by PK Gupta?

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by DanUM, 21st Sep, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. PK Gupta

PK Gupta Well-Known Member

Hiya @Jess Peletier !

I agree with you people are very nervous about courses, often for good reason.

With respect to "pet" strategy, spot on - a cookie cutter strategy doesn't help because everyone is distinctly unique. And of course if the person is getting paid subsequently to aid in implementing the strategy that's something to watch out for!

altec and Jess Peletier like this.
  2. PK Gupta

A lot of BA's have left that's for sure!

Rent vesting is not a strategy, it's a mechanism or lever to enable a broader strategy.

Just like suburb selection is not a strategy.

Strategy is more all-encompassing, including the long term (portfolio value, risk appetite, lending, leverage, timing, exit etc..) and the short term. Whether one rentvests or not is a strategic decision but tactical in the scheme of things. And once again, generally it makes sense to rent vest, but not in all situations and circumstances.

Hope that helps!

3. PK Gupta

It was interesting to bump into this thread - I've not really been on here much!

It was nice to speak with you @DanUM and wish you the best with everything. I always say, if you think you can do it yourself - then that's the cheapest option from an education perspective and go ahead :)

With regards to strategy, suburb selection is not the strategy. The strategy is strategy which I explain in another post above.

Suburb selection is based on 25-35 factors, mostly quantitative, however some qualitative. These need to be reviewed and analysed across three dimensions: 1) historical trend analysis, 2) their relative weighting (no suburb is perfect across everything, 3) the threshold over which a suburb is deemed "strong" for each factor).

Of course I run a business so can't share the recipe exactly nor would that be possible in a post!

But hopefully for others reading this, whether my course is right for you or not, this is the type of analysis needed to pick cashflow suburbs that will growth value in the short term (sub 3-5 years) not just the long term (10+ years). Population forecasts, migration forecasts, income growth forecasts etc don't help with short term equity growth and debt recycling!

And suburb selection is one cog in the machine of advanced property investing. There are other things to "strategise and analyse" before buying, e.g. how to find growth + positive cashflow + buy under market + have value add potential (granny flat, development, subdivision, renovation).

I believe having as many of these elements in your investment property sets you up for passive income in under 10-20 years depending on your base situation. Plenty more "under the bonnet" in my videos :)

You can do it!

Cheers
    PK

Redom likes this.
  4. euro73

euro73 Well-Known Member Business Member

The beautiful Hills District, Sydney Australia
    Sounds like you are quite a gun .....
    How many properties do you own?
    where are they?
    what are they?
    What did they cost ?
    What are they worth now?
    how long have you owned them ?
    How much debt do you have ?
    Is all your debt IO ?
    What is your net cash flow ?
    “Under 10 - 20 years “ ? is a pretty loose window.
    Can you provide an example of a property you own that has been paid off in less than 10 years and is providing a passive income ?

Just trying to get past the showroom talk and see what’s actually under your bonnet. :)

Last edited: 6th Mar, 2021
  5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I can just imagine you on a first date.......:p

Icarus, Redom, iloveqld and 7 others like this.
  6. euro73

Married with children.

Pk presents himself as a person who can provide guidance and mentoring - that implies a certain level of accomplishment and experience. I think asking about bona fides is reasonable

Pingu1988 likes this.
  7. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Not disagreeing.

I stopped reading after I read, "I have not myself nor condone leverage the PPR for some "long term" gains. I'm all about short term results and accountability."

If it doesn't make sense to me then I'm out.

jbv, Piston_Broke and James Green like this.
  8. euro73

“The strategy is strategy “ - I found that to be a revelation. Next level thinking , really.
    And when I saw “Under 10-20 years” it got me thinking ...soooooo , anything between 1 day and 19 years 364 days then? And you know , I sell Dual Occs that I know perform to a certain level ... and they are powerful but not “ less than 10 years “ powerful ....
    So I definitely have questions .... which I typed and posted previously. Kinda excited to read the response ...

9. PK Gupta

Please let me know what you don't agree with here or doesn't make sense.

One person typed something around disagreeing that anyone who promotes leveraging their PPR to the hilt to maximise their property investing journey doesn't know what they are doing - or words to that extent. My comment above was saying that I also don't condone taking out a huge amount of equity from the PPR to bulge up an Investment Property portfolio.

That's all :)

10. PK Gupta

The strategy is the strategy is indeed nonsensical when taken out of context. Be fair, the idea in the post was the Strategy does not simply mean Suburb Selection, but rather all the things that come before it too, such as lending strategy, price point identification, yield selection, risk appetite, long term goals, frequency of purchases etc.

It's very easy to take things out of context in a forum like this :)

Icarus and Mavio like this.
  11. euro73

mmmm.... not really. If you write what you mean, and explain it properly, it doesn't really happen . Disagreement may, but that's a different thing.

The thing you WILL find on this forum though, is that it's got more than a sprinkling of accomplished property investors . It isnt a forum just for rookies...... That means higher levels of scrutiny are applied here than one might find on FB for example, or Youtube for example...

NickClunes, jbv, Jacque and 5 others like this.
  12. PK Gupta

These are good questions. Fair and reasonable albeit a bit personal. I can understand why people especially on this forum (which is full of experienced and somewhat sceptical investors would ask this). Lots of people these days are claiming to be "experts". So the default lack of trust is warranted.

I'm not super active on this forum. But have literally "days" worth of YouTube videos on my YouTube channel (which I won't "link or I might be seen as spamming), and hundreds of articles on my Facebook Group, LinkedIn etc. In these I share my journey and numbers etc.

Anyone who lacks trust is more than welcome to contact me and ask any questions about my portfolio, and make their own mind up as to it's authenticity.

I know this answer won't satisfy the sceptical types! That's ok too. I'm not a Buyers Agent, but if you ask the 1,500 Buyers Agents in Australia their personal finances, I'm not sure more than 0.1% will be willing to share in this much detail :) Not because it's not true necessarily, but simply because regardless of what they say, people will always object and find holes and try to falsify their claims.

Can't win either way! :)

In any case feel free to contact me for verification, or review the dozens of clients results I post on YouTube (sorry trying not to be "salesy" here) and my Facebook Group every single month, to see if I'm "just another fake expert". And an unprofessional one at that.

Thanks again.

13. euro73

well, you can...... by demonstrating your bona fides.

You aren't a buyers agent though. They are a transactional service. You are actually selling a "strategy" and implying you can teach people things , so you should be able to demonstrate to any potential client why they should engage with said strategy, by showing how it has worked for you.

So does Nathan Birch. So does John Fitzgerald. So does Dymphna Boholt . So does Park Trent
    So does Steve Navra. So does Rick Otton. So does Mark Rolton.. So does Sam Saggers. The list goes on...... all of whom talk in grandiose yet vague terms about unlocking magical secret recipes to success.... for a price.

Anyway, as I said... Property Chat is a very easy platform to negotiate. Present real numbers and real facts and real information and invite/welcome scrutiny ...if what you offer/argue/present holds water, you'll be well received by the forum .... they may not agree with you, but they will not dismiss you either.

You can choose to talk in circles, using generic and meaningless sales jargon. Or you can contribute substantive, verifiable information . That's how you win, either way

The RealMentor, Kinko, jbv and 5 others like this.
  14. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

You said your all about"short term results" , but don't most folks make money with RE over the long term?

Also, if someone had 1mil equity in their ppor and it suited their risk tolerance, why are you against them using some of the equity to expand their portfolio?

Does their individual financial circumstances even matter?

Beano likes this.
  15. oasis1frog

oasis1frog Well-Known Member

Many FB property groups are created by mortgage brokers, property spruikers, only good news allowed, no warts & all.

16. DanUM

DanUM Active Member

Noticed this threat on live again. After my initial post on this thread I have followed his FB group for a sevaral and all I can say is its mainly to marketing his business (course).

1.First to acknowledge the good side, I have learnt some negotiation and property searching methods from his posts and comments by others. Most of the useful outcome were from the comments made by other people and his students.

2. For new investors who don't have a good knowledge or network (close reliable friends), his group would be helpful and there would be some guidance.

3. But, In my honest opinion, all the best suburb selection using his unique accomplished data (where he doesn't disclose the resource- hence dificult to believe the accuracy of the data) is pure marketing strategy to attract new inexperience investors. All the testimonials I have seen are from either new investors who doesn't know basics or investors who have followed very bad strategies before.

The nelow video I have found in his fb group in late 2019 where he predicted about best perform suburbs in Sydney within 1 year and now we can see that they are no way near the top 5% performed in Sydney.

facebook.com/groups/passiveincomethroughproperty/permalink/2521282921302249/

This is the only way the others can prove the accuracy of his predictions. And PK can prove his strategy by sharing any other public videos he made where he accurately predicted best performing suburbs as he say.

4. Also its suspicious the course fees are not mentioned. Depending on the person contacting his course fee varies from 3000-5000+ (checked with other who have contacted him). Also their is no money back guarantee- which means people who paid the big fee have the only option if staying in his circle and get his mentors hip. So don't think there will be any negative reviews.

Related to above raised questions, I find it funny that someone who claimed to have retired off having successful investment properties spends entire day in actively facebook making video and comments and also sending friend requests all around and asking to join his group/take his course.

Cheers

Sancasvdy, jbv, Nanjie and 2 others like this.
  17. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

And that is usually how it works. Selling the dream?

18. doubleshot

doubleshot Member

Seems to be DSR data - that anyone can access if they pay for the subscription. Not worth forking out 3-5k

Nanjie, VICPER and street-smart like this.
  19. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Looks like the OP has been overwhelmed by the responses and done an about turn.

20. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Sorry not OP, I meant Mr Gupta.

VICPER likes this.