Cars & Motorbikes anyone use Dashcam?

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Eric Wu, 14th Jan, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. ShireBoy

ShireBoy Well-Known Member

My understanding is a buffered parking mode just keeps recording what it sees into short term memory, and it only saves the file if the g-sensor trips i.e. your car gets hit.
    It appears the A119S will monitor your surroundings and record to file anything that moves.
    Two different outcomes with pros and cons of each feature.

trinity168 likes this.
  2. KinG3o0o

KinG3o0o Well-Known Member

i have blacksys ch 200 on one car and thinkware f770 on another.

both awesome and hardwire into the car.

if you buying a dashcam consider 3 things.

1. dual channel (depending on your opinion if you want a rear facing camera.)

2. night vision, check this before you buy, the shittest quality will be able to see the colour and make of the car, but make sure you can see car plates at night under ******/yellow/weird light conditions.

3. for the paranoid extra careful peeps. method recording when the engine is off. different camera do it differently.

some does it when there is a movement in the car (kinda pointless because the accident already happen, you only capture what happens after the accident.

try to get one that has continuous recording and turn off when it detect the car battery reach below a certain threshold. time lapse will work to.. time lapse good because does the same thing but with less space. most of them give you options to do both.

it can get bit expensive but if you know how to buy stuff from oversea. you will save some $$

3. therealAusting

therealAusting Well-Known Member

Do any of these recommended cameras have both front and rear recording.
    Rear and side recording is probably important in an accident.

4. ShireBoy

ShireBoy Well-Known Member

Blackview have dual camera models, but IMO they are overpriced for what they are, and often lacking in specs.
    If rear footage is really important to you, you're better off just buying a second single camera.

5. Vassago

Vassago Well-Known Member

I went with forward facing only as for me the camera is there to prove my innocence, it can see what I can see. If I can prove to the insurer that I was not a fault but did not get the other party's details for whatever reason I will still be covered.

6. trinity168

trinity168 Well-Known Member

Blackview is over $500 ... so yeah, on the pricey end of the scale. Friend is having it installed so add another $100 to it. (installed so you won't "see" wires dangling at the back )

7. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

Don't have one. Seen them save people troubles lots of times