Entertainment & Music Anyone Seen Any Good Movies Lately?..

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by willair, 27th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Investig8

Investig8 Well-Known Member

Didn't mind Terminator, love where they are going with special effects.

If you want one of the best action flicks in the last year, go check out John Wick, hands down, unbeatable action IMHO

I'm going to check out the new Mission Impossible today, hopefully TC doesn't disappoint, looking forward to seeing some new never been done before stunts which this series is known for.

:eek::D

2. radson

radson Well-Known Member

3. neK

neK Well-Known Member

7 days in hell.
    Its more of a 45min long SNL skit.

4. Sashatheman

Sashatheman Well-Known Member

Talking about mountaineering docos, have you seen
    Touch the Void?
    There are a lot of reenactments, but is still very intense to watch, because it is a true story.
    In the mid-80's two young climbers attempted to reach the summit of Siula Grande in Peru; a feat that had previously been attempted but never achieved. With an extra man looking after base camp, Simon and Joe set off to scale the mount in one long push over several days. The peak is reached, however on the descent Joe falls and breaks his leg. Despite what it means, the two continue with Simon letting Joe out on a rope for 300 meters, then descending to join him and so on. However when Joe goes out over an overhang with no way of climbing back up, Simon makes the decision to cut the rope. Joe falls into a crevasse and Simon, assuming him dead, continues back down.

Last edited: 30th Jul, 2015
    WattleIdo and wombat777 like this.
  5. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

In that vein, The Birdman of Karakorum was pretty awesome, saw it at the touring Banff film festival a few years ago.

6. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

Don't ever give away the key parts of the story! Ruins the viewing experience, which is pretty amazing giving this is a true story. Fortunately I have seen the movie. Agree it's one of the best.

7. Mombius Hibachi

Mombius Hibachi Well-Known Member

Kury Fury. This movie is pretty much perfect. 31 minutes of hilarity and 80's action packed marvelousness.

Topped off with The Hoff.

8. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Good lord, how have I not seen this? It looks craptacular!

9. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

Sharknado 3 - just watched with the kids. They made it all the way through. I only lasted the first 15 minutes.

10. Greyghost

Greyghost Well-Known Member

Grand Merigold Hotel was great.

Chrispy likes this.
  11. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

This movie was exceptional and I regretted not watching it on the big screen.

Chrispy likes this.
  12. Chrispy

Chrispy Well-Known Member

I saw the Water Diviner on the plane on the way home Friday. It was great. I had avoided it because I am not a fan of Russel Crowe. I must admit I was glad the lights were out, as it made me rather teary.

13. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Just saw the new Vacation today, don't want to talk it up too much...
    ...I thought it was **** funny!

14. Mombius Hibachi

Serious? Keen as mustard to see it, loved the first two.

15. skater

skater Well-Known Member

We saw Mission Impossible on the weekend. It was awesome. Lots of action, as you'd expect, but comedy too.

16. Investig8

Investig8 Well-Known Member

Totally agree, great flick.

Thought it was one of TC's better ones especially since he did most of his action sequences, full respect for that plane stunt, awesome indeed. :eek:

17. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Oh and I also saw Trainwreck, it was funny typical potty mouth humour, they're really talking up that Amy Schumer lately. (thought Vacation was funnier though).

18. Mombius Hibachi

Dude, it is HILARIOUS.

19. jaybean

jaybean Well-Known Member

This is the reason why I've stopped watching MI movies now. I just don't feel comedy is needed in movies like this and it just makes me cringe, enough to really affect my enjoyment of it overall. I love Simon Pegg but I really grind my teeth when I see his jokes in the MI series. To each his own though.

20. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

We've been out to see a few movies of late

Went with our Daughters and watched Inside Out and Minions over the school holidays

Minions
    Minions begins at the dawn of time. Starting as single-celled yellow organisms, Minions evolve through the ages, perpetually serving the most despicable of masters. Continuously unsuccessful at keeping these masters—from T. rex to Napoleon—the Minions find themselves without someone to serve and fall into a deep depression.

But one Minion named Kevin has a plan, and he—alongside teenage rebel Stuart and lovable little Bob—ventures out into the world to find a new evil boss for his brethren to follow.

Inside Out
    Do you ever look at someone and wonder what is going on inside their head? Disney•Pixar’s original new film “Inside Out” ventures inside the mind to find out.

Based in Headquarters, the control center inside 11-year-old Riley’s mind, five Emotions are hard at work, led by lighthearted optimist Joy (voice of Amy Poehler), whose mission is to make sure Riley stays happy. Fear (voice of Bill Hader) heads up safety, Anger (voice of Lewis Black) ensures all is fair and Disgust (voice of Mindy Kaling) prevents Riley from getting poisoned—both physically and socially. Sadness (voice of Phyllis Smith) isn’t exactly sure what her role is, and frankly, neither is anyone else.

Took my son and his friend to watch Avengers: Age Of Ultron when it came out

Avengers: Age of Ultron
    “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” the epic follow-up to the biggest Super Hero movie of all time. When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, are put to the ultimate test as the fate of the planet hangs in the balance. As the villainous Ultron emerges, it is up to The Avengers to stop him from enacting his terrible plans, and soon uneasy alliances and unexpected action pave the way for an epic and unique global adventure.

And went with the wife to watch Spy

Spy
    Susan Cooper (Melissa McCarthy) is an unassuming, deskbound CIA analyst, and the unsung hero behind the Agency’s most dangerous missions. But when her partner (Jude Law) falls off the grid and another top agent (Jason Statham) is compromised, she volunteers to go deep undercover to infiltrate the world of a deadly arms dealer, and prevent a global disaster.