Anyone left who is optimistic? Poll

Discussion in 'Investor Psychology & Mindset' started by Sackie, 28th Jun, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
?

How optimisitic are you for Australian real estate markets over the next 3-10 years?

Poll closed 23rd Jan, 2020.
  1. Very optimistic! There will be good opportunities, just need to find them.

29 vote(s)
    24.0%
  2. Somewhat optimistic. I would still invest.

46 vote(s)
    38.0%
  3. Neutral position, I just don't know

31 vote(s)
    25.6%
  4. Overall I am pessimistic and would stay out of all markets.

14 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. Time to sell, sell, sell and get the hell out!!

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  6. Australian real estate is going to crash 70%+. Fools, better get into LICs.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

My powders all fired , just waiting for the shots to hit on target .

in the next ten years ( 3-10 ) somewhere in Oz will boom

Cliff

skater and Sackie like this.
  2. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

True. I have sold property in the past to lock in profits and roll the funds into other projects. I would have less assets, less knowledge and less valuable experience if I didn't.

3. Blueskies

Blueskies Well-Known Member

I agree, too much doom and gloom, just need to refine strategy from time to time in line with the best information you have available, whilst not getting too distracted by the noise of the day.

What is funny is the chorus of voices saying property is too expensive, will be the same ones saying it's now too risky. There is always an excuse to not take action.

My personal feeling is that a lot of markets are more at risk of downside than growth in the short term, but that's ok, it gives time to build capital, research areas, set some buy targets. If Sydney or Melbourne came off 20% that would be fantastic, the long term fundamentals of these two cities are great, why wouldn't you want to buy them at a discount!

Bender12 and Perthguy like this.
  4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Move to Canberra :p

May make your skin crawl to be so close to Bully Bill Shorty 'lets make everyone poor'.

5. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I was up at a inner southside RE company a few hours ago sorting out our daughters rental property..

Talking too the Agent whom we have bought off several times..I ask the Agent how the sales going the Lady just said comes for a quick walk outside and look at their sales windows..Most that were listed were sold or under contract very few listing and a long list of qualified buyers on a long list waiting to buy..

I voted ""Neutral position, I just don't know"", but looking at what's happening at the coal face ,I would say the media talk about and bust cycle may be just that "media talk"..

Francesco, Sackie and samiam like this.
  6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Imho the media and (more specifically people listening to them) has caused truckloads of people to lose out on building some serious wealth over the last 20 years.

Use the media, just never be used by them.

MWI and Bender12 like this.
  7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Its not a buy for me at the moment.
    I don't think its all doom and gloom, but no point buying when markets are flat or falling, and yields woefully low.

I think Melb long term will be the clear runner. However, no rush to buy, if you look at previous flat/falling cycles they last longer the rising markets. You can never pick the exact time to buy just my humble opinion

mickyyyy and Silverson like this.
  8. CDaly

CDaly Member

Yeah sure, don't run before you can walk!
    Thanks, I will check out the middle ring of Brisbane - and start my area research for it. I am also very interested in Perth but its just the uncertainty of how long this down time will be for that region.

Maybe I just stick my deposit in a managed fund! Less to think about haha

Thanks

9. Omnidragon

Omnidragon Well-Known Member

So-so
    Want to see it play out more first
    No rush investing
    Last time I bought in Aus was 2014

10. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Did you not purchase in oz since 2014 because you're analysis of markets led you to conclude there were no good deals? or you just weren't in a position to be able to purchase ?

11. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Very interesting results. 85+% of replies are either neutral, optimistic or very optimistic. I think post #2 says it all. Most want the herd to be distracted while they get great deals. And there are some fantastic deals currently.

12. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

Shhhhhh...
    - "Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked."
    - “Money itself isn’t lost or made, its simply transferred from one perception to another.”
    And...
    - Money is not lost it is just transferred....to the patient

13. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Yeah hopefully transferred to my pocket :cool:

MWI likes this.
  14. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

And mine....remember....we are all sharing....as my mentor said, "Enough wealth to go around for anyone that wants it bad enough!".

15. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

That's just it mate, those who want it bad enough, who have a burning hunger to do whatever it requires and takes consistent action everyday to get closer to their goals - will be able to achieve some amazing results. Many people (generally not in this forum community) say they want it, but their actions aren't congruent with their words

kierank likes this.
  16. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

And you know what my mentor said, "Goals are just wishes if no action is behind them."
    "It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan"....but action is required! Hence we all who read...Think and grow rich..or Secret..or any other book...will not get there with action, as results follow action.
    So GOAL + ACTION = RESULTS! Simple, but not easy..the work needs to be done!

17. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I have a slight addition in variables :)

Informed Knowledge + Goals + Consistent Action = Results

kierank and MWI like this.
  18. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

I like it!;)

19. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

A present for you if you haven't read it yet. This is probably the book which has had the biggest influence and impact on my investing career. Its contents (if truly adopted) is nothing less than life altering. It is the guiding manual which informs my ideological and philosophical investment (and life) framework. You may like it.

http://4motivi.com/books/jim/seasons.pdf

Bender12 likes this.
  20. MWI

MWI Well-Known Member

OMG, have it, love it and HUGE thank you!
    HE is my biggest mentor, have the book on kindle, and he too has changed my life, Karma?
    I remember sometime ago you posted a picture with your library of books and I thought I saw a reflection, honestly, I could not believe we read nearly all same books, no wander sometimes we are on the same page?
    Interesting and immensely wise man, on a recent function, milestone celebration, one of the questions about me was whom I like to meet past and present, guess who was from the past, yes, JIM ROHN!
    All my dearest friends and family always mock me when I mention his quotes and my teenagers are probably sick of my constant quotes, "If you don't like it change it! You are not a tree!"...OR.."The MAJOR key to your future is you!"...I could go on and on...
    Honestly a true great man, so inspirational, just a great, wise, spiritual, humble, human being, bless he rests in peace!
    It was he who communicated to me, there's enough wealth to go around.....he makes people for the better, to be better...we need people like him to make us humble and be all that we can be!
    I suppose you have also read his FIVE MAJOR PIECES OF LIFE PUZZLE? I have a two page summary of it and pass to my circle of friends whom I sent just general information...can pass if you wish?
    And on last note, I need to go to sleep, bookkeeper coming in tomorrow, have you heard that joke, when he talked at one seminar about a farmer attending a sermon, the preacher expected many people but just one farmer turned up, so the preacher asks should he preach, the farmer replies, "well I don't know about you but if one sheep turned up I would feed it", so the preacher preaches and then he asks, what did the farmer think, and the farmer said, "well, I wouldn't dump the whole load of food onto just one sheep!".
    So apologies for such expressive thread and dumping a whole load onto you and others!
    Goodnight!

Bender12 and Sackie like this.

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF