TAS Anyone interested in a Tassie/Hobart get together??

Discussion in 'Networking & Meetups' started by Pipeclay, 6th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Bozley

Bozley Well-Known Member

not that I know of Pat but I would be interested. I live and invest in Hobart but am in Queensland until July

2. Splash Brother

Splash Brother Member

Just returned back here after a couple of years and was impressed with what I was thinking in 2016 after reading it again. Proved to be correct. Any other Tasmanian investors out there either locally or interstate that would like to chat Tasmanian property and share their stories and hows it all been over the past 2 years?

3. splatters

splatters Well-Known Member

we have a few properties in Hobart purchased over 2016-2017 and we’ve been really happy with their performance. Happy to chat anytime.

here’s an example using the first property (all have performed similarly)

3BR 1bath house purchased June 2016 for $358k, current desktop valuation $503k (40% grown in 3 1/2 years)
    Rent $460pw, less than 1 week vacancy since purchased. Has required very minimal maintenance.

vacancy rates are so tight, we get multiple applications each time we need new tenants. All our tenants have renewed leases, I think they have so little to choose from if they try to move.

I’m from Hobart originally so visit there a lot, the feedback from the agents and general confidence in the market is still good, certainly cooling compared to a few years back.

Splash Brother and Bean27 like this.
  4. Bean27

Bean27 Well-Known Member

Interest to see peoples outlooks on the North West of Tas? Market seems to be moving quickly after being flat for some time. Hobart has had its boom maybe its the north's turn