Anyone heard of ParkTrent Properties

Discussion in 'Property Experts' started by ross100, 29th Jul, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. the world is your oyster

the world is your oyster Well-Known Member

I would think otp unit in Melb or any state for that matter would not be the best investment unless it's the guys selling them seriously how many new apartments are they building that are half empty run run away

2. John Rolfe

John Rolfe New Member

Hi, I'm a reporter with The Daily Telegraph. This morning we published the story at the link below. It's on one couple's experience with ParkTrent. I thought you and others may find it interesting. I'm trying to bring it to the attention of as many people as possible. Can anyone suggest other forums or pages I post it to? It can also be shared from my facebook page: www.facebook.com/publicdefendercolumn
    Thanks, John

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

3. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

John

Try www.propertyinvesting.com too as i think there is a thread about them on there.

4. Lisa Parker

Lisa Parker Well-Known Member

I began my career in a company just like this one. I think there are much better ways forward.

I believe their commissions used to be anything from $20K- $80K. I am not sure if this is correct as I heard it second hand, but I know the company I worked for were earning $25K-$40K (sometimes more, but rarely), so that is ALOT to pay for "free advice".

EDIT: Typos

5. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Tricked up selling agents peddling "advice" that results in sales with big fat commissions earned on the OTP and new properties that they push..... caveat emptor at all times.

6. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Its the free advice that costs the.most.

tobe, S.T and Jacque like this.
  7. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Shared on our FB and Twitter accts John. We always spread the word about rogue operators where possible.

8. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

PTP is one of many firms that demonstrate these behaviours. They prey on the vulnerable and work with others who all devour secret or poor described commissions on property sales, finance and countless other products. These can really range up to $100K as the buyer is buying well overpriced property without a clue. The buyer is left with poor value and a substantial loan. Just some of the signs:
    • The wealth creation firm provides a financial plan with ONE variant strategy. Buy a property.
    • The wealth creation firm also suggests enhanced value by buying two or even three properties.
    • They ask questions about super balances. Encroaching on licensed financial advice but luring punters to a danger.
    • They can facilitate a loan. Suprisingly !! the valuation is never questioned or independently assessed. The developer has ensured valuations are top heavy. How do they do this ?? The secret is in the client qualification - They are seeking people with unencumbered homes or decent equity in their own home. Its worse than a 100% LVR loan. So they take security over your home AND the new IP...Bingo. ASIC and APRA should change disclosure so that lenders must disclose their valuation and compare this to their loan. Its good lending practice and yet its not presently a obligation. If borrowers knew a bank was lending $800K for a $700K property they would not sign the mortgage and it would impose ethical standards on lenders to NOT participate in these scams. (ie Storm Financial all over again and again)
    • They introduce / facilitate others in the chain who also nurture the scam. They can include mortgage brokers, accountants and even use of a friendly law firm
    • Property inspections are heavily controlled perhaps off the plan. You only see what they want you to see. A simple check with a local real estate agent may identify the pricing is a bit high. A lot high.
    • Property "quality" is generally poor. The developer seeks max price and operates a fee share for the enhanced price rather than using a REA. A REA may honestly tell a client the price is high and show them something else. There are firms out there that act as agents who aren't. And in some states its not illegal !!
    • Location = Qld in 90% of cases but not all.

We recently encountered a couple who sold their four IPs acquired in such a fashion. They had to sell their own home too as the low rents didn't come close to the loan repayments. They went from an unencumbered home in a good Sydney suburb (value $1m+) to being renters. Aged in late 50s. And yet Sydneys price growth was solid.

Fortunately they didn't do as they were (illegally) told and didn't establish a SMSF. Their ********e radar had already gone off. They came to us for financial advice and reality is they need financial counselling services to repair their shattered financial position.

Tip for property buyers. Use social media sites like PC - PCs open framework discourages spruikers and other sorts of scams.

Last edited: 25th Feb, 2016
    Excalibur1, HUGH72 and thegreat like this.
  9. disgruntled customer

disgruntled customer New Member

Has anyone here been to one of Park Trent's offices? If you have, were you offered alcohol at any time throughout your meetings? Are you happy with their services or not?

10. Tony Fleming

Tony Fleming Well-Known Member

If you want alcohol and bad property advice at the same time, just go to your local pub. Everyone is an expert!

11. Darlinghurst Boy

Darlinghurst Boy Well-Known Member

Is that the same guy as Ron the Con ?
    I thought he was on the Gold Coast ?

12. melbpropinv

melbpropinv Member

I remember parktrent in the last bank I worked for. Credit department will not accept their rent appraisals. And now I know why

13. disgruntled customer

If anyone has had any experiences with Park Trent Properties Group, I would love to hear about them. We currently have a Court case pending against them. My email address is [email protected]

14. Redwood

Redwood Well-Known Member

Separate to the legal action from ASIC?

15. Redwood

Redwood Well-Known Member

Credit would use the independent valuation from a qualified valuer not the property manager.

16. disgruntled customer

Yes it is separate to the ASIC case

17. Jennifer Duke

Jennifer Duke Well-Known Member

Keen to hear what is happening with this. Email me at [email protected] if you don't mind chatting with the media. (I'm from Domain/SMH)

18. Jennifer Duke

Jennifer Duke Well-Known Member

19. disgruntled customer

20. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Portfolio Perth Brisbane Sydney Melbourne
    They are a property marketing company and have been around for over a decade I know of.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice