SA Anyone have any thoughts/opinions on Findon SA?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by jeff3002, 10th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. jeff3002

jeff3002 Active Member

Does anyone have any opinions on the suburb of Findon in SA for a PPOR?

We're currently on the hunt and initially were looking at Flinders Park, but are being priced out of the majority of places we've been interested in over the past few months. Findon neighbours FP, but seems to be slightly more affordable but at the same time not quite as nice as many of the streets in FP closer to the river.

Decent blocks are still on offer for around the $500k (budget is 500 - 550 max) mark in Findon, with potential to develop in the future, but also to renovate if we chose to take that path also.

Really the point of this post was just to see if anyone has any opinions of the area, it's potential for future growth etc as I'm finding it hard make up my mind whether I should be seriously looking in this area or not!

Jeff

2. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Findon and surrounds are certainly changing... and price pressure is upwards as people find there are good size blocks to extend or rebuild on. Close to Grange beach and not that bad to city though Grange Rd/South Rd intersection is still a pita.

Bear in mind housing is predominantly 50s-60's and ofen in poor condition/construction so a forever house to be renovated needs to be checked over for cracking adn settlement

3. jeff3002

jeff3002 Active Member

Thanks for the input Dave, appreciate it. Yes I've definitely noticed the high numbers of 50s-60s places, some streets I feel like I'm driving past the same house over and over again!