Anyone had a property abandoned?

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by JessicaP, 20th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Your right that is not acceptible.
    No ABN - you can't claim it.
    If the mould was not reported previously how do you know there even was a problem to be treated?

Tenants are not to organise any type of maintenance on the property.

2. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

So how did the goose in the chair let this pass....

Can they go back and point these things out ?

3. Casteller

Casteller Well-Known Member

Yes common in UK, I bought a place in London, but really I only had 114 years left of a 125 year lease. Every year I had to pay 50 pounds "rent" for my property. Then I extended the lease to 999 years, this cost about 1500 pounds at the time, thereafter I still had to pay "1 peppercorn" rent, which they duly waived each year. Sometimes you would see some fantastically cheap places in the west end, but they only had about 30 years left on the lease, below about 65 years cant get a mortgage.

In Zurich I lived near an abandoned waterfront place, must have been worth 30 million, Russian owner, occupied by squatters. Some people have too much money, it would have rented for 20K a month easily. In many places in Europe if the squatters register themselves with the local authorities and live there 7 or 10 years they can claim ownership of the place. I bet those guys were crossing their fingers the Ruskies didn't show up.

4. jim1964

jim1964 1941

They are there for the tenant,not the landlord.its a one sided game unfortunately.Not sure of the appeals process,but that in itself would be one sided as well.

5. Depreciator

Depreciator Well-Known Member

I think even if those Russians had shown up after the 7 or 10 year time was up, they probably would not have just shrugged their shoulders and said 'Oh well' and walked away.

6. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Well, it should be balanced, if your side of the story stacks up and then you can see this is just a made up invoice, then no way should it go that way.