We have a valuable PPOR in inner city Brisbane. We like a lot of features about the house but as our family grows there are some issues that have not been able to be fixed by renovations, namely being on a semi busy road and lack of good entertaining areas. We don't want to sell as we believe it is going to continue to increase in value. To move to a similar place in same area would be over 1.2 mill. We are considering purchasing an IP as a more suitable home a few km away in a cheaper suburb, live there and rent PPOR until kids are older and we can decide what to do with the current house- move back, keep as IP or sell. Issue is the house we will be buying will be 650+ with a low potential yield. Partner is opposed to renting and we don't really want to move kids about if owner wants us to move out. Rents around here are high anyway so we would not be ahead. Not sure what is the best way forward.