Any good PPOR fixed P&I rates with refinance bonuses going?

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by pjjjj, 10th Sep, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. pjjjj

pjjjj Member

Hi all

I’m looking to refinance my PPOR for debt recycling purposes as I want to put my offset funds into shares. Current loan is ~$242K, I would plan to split into two loans - $100K and whatever is left (i.e. depending on LVR and what they would lend). Both loans would be P&I – the $100K would require an offset (that’s my contingency buffer and where I would park funds before buying shares). The remaining loan I would immediately repay, then redraw to use for shares to make the loan deductible. As such, I will need the ability to make repayments (and redraw) on the $142K loan Once I’ve repaid it and then redrawn and the debt is now deductible, I would then fix this loan.

Anyone know of any good offers going round at the moment?

Three things are of interest:
    • Quick turn around times. I’d like to get this sorted as soon as possible!
    • Refinance bonuses for new lending
    • Cheap interest rates, particularly fixed owner occupier P&I rates (the variable one will be largely offset most of the time)
    Thanks in advance!

2. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

The "parking funds" in the offset sounds like it could co-mingle with borrowed funds and will limit deductibility. And if its complex it could leave a non-deductible problem . Just because you originally put some borrowed $$ into a offset doesnt mean that when you spend that money its all deductible. Seek personal tax advice.

Note that you cant expect brokers to assess and give credit advice based on a simple post and determining what lender etc . You should engage with a broker to assist your goals.

Quick turnaround ...LOL. Brokers will know who is faster, slower. I spoke to client yestertday doing a simple same lender loan split fro debt recycling. They told him 6-8 weeks

Property Twins likes this.
  3. pjjjj

pjjjj Member

The post was more about cheap P&I PPOR fixed rates (ideally with lender swap bonus) than the debt recycling. That side of things I've sorted out - in fact it was you who told me ;)

Just to be clear - the plan is to have a split loan:

- $100K with offset
    - $142K with redraw

Current funds that are sitting in my current offset will be used to pay off the $142K loan. I will then redraw this $142K and use it to purchase shares. $142K is now tax deductible.

Any subsequent savings will be used to offset the $100K loan. When the $100K is eventually completely offset, I will use ~$20K to buy more shares. This doesn't have any tax benefit.

Basically $80-100K sitting in the offset against my PPOR is simply my contingency buffer. Once that offset overflows, I buy more shares. I expect to pay very little interest on this $100K loan as it'll be offset most of the time anyway.

4. Rolf Latham

Rolf Latham Inciteful (sic) Staff Member Business Plus Member

250 seems to be the peg for pork barrel with most lenders

ta

rolf