Any cooling / heating experts here?

Discussion in 'Development' started by Hodge, 20th Aug, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

Just in the process of researching heating and cooling options for a new build. I am looking for a refrigerated ducted heater / cooler in one. My house is on stumps so i will have duct work under floor.

I prefer a unit that does both heating and cooling to minimise duct work and also outlets in the floor (ie- same outlet can do heating and cooling.)

Can somebody point me in the right direction. I've googled all morning but very confusing.

Thank you.

2. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

3. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

A good link Hodge. It covers important stuff like what is suitable for your climate. One size doesn't fit all.

Many years ago, we went for ceiling radiant heating- that turned out not to be a good choice (it can fail in time, or even catch fire).

4. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply Geoff, glad i am on the right track. House is around 32 Sq so looks like i need one of the larger units according to their website.

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Insulation, double glazed windows, thermal separation are more important - all are unseen but more important than the seen items.

Colin Rice likes this.
  6. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Very true hence the reason it will have all this. Installing air cell insulation for under floor and roof. Double glazed windows throughout.

Scott No Mates likes this.

PFI provide our clients with the opportunity to purchase an investment property, together with performing equity investments from a wide range of ASX listed securities some providing monthly income. This is the value of advice.