Any clients of Destiny financial solutions or Margaret lomas? Need your feedback

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jungle, 23rd Feb, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

As I said in the pm, they will educate you on how to find the
    properties that stack up. This way you can always find your own in the future and not rely on others.
    They will advise where other destiny members are currently purchasing, but doesn't mean you should buy there. I can't stress this point enough. Example, daveron park was advised as a place investors were purchasing. It's my worst performer in my portfolio for capital growth, but as a cashflow scenario it's ok ish, some years, if the tenants don't damage things or grow drugs, or start a brothel.

Your a beginner, read her books first, don't be influenced into purchasing crap investments because you didn't educate yourself. Your only protection is to read up as much as possible, books, this site, start reading up on basic economic outlooks. 20 must ask questions book is a simple read.

I'm not sure what @WattleIdo mentor was like or what areas he/she suggested clients were purchasing in.
    Also curios what suburbs they mentioned and how they performed over the years?

2. HUGH72

HUGH72 Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about Destiny but her books are worth reading.
    I like the emphasis she places on research, risk management and the idea that you don't have to follow the crowd or hot spots because by that time it's probably too late.

WattleIdo and Barny like this.
  3. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

I came into the course really keen on Frankston already, having seen and heard about it from downloads of Your money, your call. My timing was off but I was really keen on Frankston. The guy running the course mentioned Orange and Murray Bridge a lot.
    The sway that they had with me wasn't where but what. I don't know if I would've bought a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom without their input - because 'that's what the area demands.' Which is true and I think I'll be laughing in the long-run. But since then, everything else has increased in value at a faster rate - units and smaller houses. Which are more my style.
    So I suppose it shows that I was taught stuff that I wouldn't normally spend much time on.
    Other things that are not my style that I pursued were:
    buying sight unseen (never again)
    giving the PM the 3rd degree (good)
    working out my risk profile (high risk :eek:)
    and more.
    I didn't really want the educational course - I wanted the service where you find a house somewhere and the manager bloke checks out the numbers for you. But he wouldn't let me do that without doing the course first. So I just did the course. I might've gone on to use the other service but he was too weird so I decided not to bother.
    I didn't get my timing right in Frankston. I should've waited a few years and would've got in a bit cheaper. If I'd gone on to do the other service, I would've been told to wait on Frankston. If I'd not done the course at all, I would've bought the flat next to mine and made some good CG in 2014-5. Doesn't matter, 'cause Frankston has come good now.
    The good thing about ML is that she does mention places but just because she mentioned it was good 5 years ago, doesn't mean it's good buy-in now.
    The catch is that so many people listen to her which means that they're all buying in the same places. Too many investors who all want out at the same time.
    So I won't buy in one of her hotspots anymore. I think she's cooled on the hotspots now, anyway.

Barny likes this.
  4. Barny

Barny Well-Known Member

Yep agreed, I wouldn't buy in any of her hotspots again.
    About 4 years ago, investors were purchasing in Adelaide north Elizabeth and davoren and south, Toowoomba, Brisbane west, orange, Bathurst. Some of the areas did well if you bought in at the right time, but the right time as you and hugh72 mentioned is probably to late.
    I also would have purchased in Frankston but my land tax in Melbourne sucks.

WattleIdo likes this.
  5. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

In my opinion you need to read a variety of sources, speak to people who are familiar with different strategies and then read some more from various people.

The most important thing in that whole process is after some time, hopefully you wont be saying this person has a good strategy or that person is wrong etc etc, but by reading widely after a while you will start to form your own conclusions and gain your own perspective of it all.

That's the real value imo.

grasshopper and RJS like this.
  6. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Sorry, trying to understand your post. Have you done a couse with Destiny?

7. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

why would she do this? surprising.

8. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

9. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

What I expressed (or tried to express )in my post is that it is my opinion that's its important to read and learn from a wide range of authors and sources so eventually you can form your own perspective. I am not anti any author or source. I have read and own I think every single book ML has, but I never attended her course.

KMD likes this.
  10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

the problem is you don't know what you don't know.... right, that's why you need to educate yourself first, otherwise its lambs to the slaughter IMO.

Barny likes this.
  11. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

That's precisely my point. :)

That's why its important to read widely and learn from a variety of sources, network with a variety of people too.

12. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

but why say that - right there, right now - isn't that something you post on a daily basis anyway?. It just seems vague when others are being quite specific. ??? Not saying that you don't post some good stuff but this seems a little condescending, just my opinion :).

13. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Certainly not my intention to sound condescending or have dubious timing with a post. I know you don't 'like' me much and that's really fine. But I reckon there is a good chance if you knew me in real life we might get along much better perhaps.

Last edited: 26th Feb, 2016
    Terry_w likes this.
  14. Coota9

Coota9 Well-Known Member

People I will play referee.

Love or hate each other's opinion that's not the issue,play the ball and not the man..

15. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

I think Leo did a better job. Sometimes you should just mind your own business.

16. Jungle

Jungle Well-Known Member

17. Coota9

Coota9 Well-Known Member

Pretty hard to do when that "business"is on a public forum

18. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Save the self righteous platitudes for work then.

Colpio79 likes this.
  19. Coota9

Coota9 Well-Known Member

Sackie likes this.
  20. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I haven't been a client, but would highly recommend her books.

HUGH72, Sackie and Colpio79 like this.