Another where would you buy thread

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Gman22, 5th Jun, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Gman22

Gman22 Member

I was having a beer with some people from work the other night at a farewell. One of the old ducks won 450k on lotto or keno etc and is retiring. After a few more beers we started playing a game, what would you do if you had 450. The usual stuff came up, cars, boat , holidays etc. With that in mind I thought it would be interesting to play a similar type of game here. If you could borrow 450k tomorrow without any other properties to leverage , , what property {house , unit, land etc} would you buy and where.

Last edited: 5th Jun, 2017
  2. dabbler

dabbler Well-Known Member

Buy a house in the Eastern Suburbs of Syd, load up on IO debt, when I can't afford the rates or toys to keep up with the Jones anymore, all cool, I will rent it out for a .5% return and kill it as many here predict Syd to double in next 4 years.

On a serious note, continue current path, only somewhat faster for a period.

PS that is prob the key, people will carry on with habits they already have most likely and be back to where they were pretty quick...450k sounds like such a small win today if your from Syd :)

Gman22 likes this.
  3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

USA :)

4. willister

willister Well-Known Member

If we all got $1 for these threads....

Anthony Brew likes this.