Another sob story of "poor" tenants

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by Ronen, 12th Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Joynz

Joynz Well-Known Member

You’ve forgotten a few questions: his favorite colour, first girlfriend’s middle name etc (note: this is a tongue in cheek comment for anyone who doesn’t understand nuance)

The answers to your queries actually make no difference to the facts. The council has declared that the house so bad that it can’t be lived in.

2. Ronen

Ronen Well-Known Member

The assumptions... :cool:
    I didn't always lived in Melbourne...

I once rented a place that would give me electric shocks every time I touched the laundry drum if I forgot to pull the plug out. It also had the gas bottle under the sink. Super safe!

But I, unlike the guy in the article, told my LL to stuff his rental up where the sun doesn't shine and moved on. Didn't wait to blown to pieces.

"The only rental he could find" just doesn't cut it.
    I'm not buying it. That's why it's a sod story - cause he didn't do anything to help himself. Quite the opposite.

craigc, Angel, Dan Wood and 3 others like this.
  3. Stoffo

Stoffo Well-Known Member

True :cool:
    If only all councils were that good over some mould.
    I have a friend that has been living on their couch for a year in a 3yo Sydney 1br apartment that has taped the bedroom door shut due to mould !
    Body Corporate keeps passing the buck to the builder/developer, they keep saying it is fixed, yet each time it rains the bedroom gets 1-9lt of water and the mould flares, maybe I will suggest they take it to council also (thanks, I'd not considered mentioning council to them

craigc, Dan Wood, wylie and 1 other person like this.
  4. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Can't wait for Minimum Standards to come in, hopefully they're well drafted and give good Property Managers the backing to drag these slums to a liveable standard!